Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 1579 times)

Jediboy

Dragon Age: Origins
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
So I picked this up early yesterday morning and thought I'd give you all a quickie on how the game has turned out so far...

If you've ever played Mass Effect, it's kinda like that, only with medieval weapons, Armor and Spells...  From what I can see, there are 6 different openings, and the game pans out from there...  I haven't tested that theory yet, but I probably will when I get home from work this afternoon cause there's a seperate achievement for each of the 6 openings...

There are 3 races to choose from (Human, Dwarf and Elf), each with a class choice (Warrior, Mage or Rogue), and finally a heritage choice (Nobility or Commoner).  Except for the human class, Nobility is the only option for human...

You can choose what you want to say when it comes time for you to talk, just like you can in Mass Effect.  The answers, for the most part, seem to be 1 positive, 2 sarcastic and 1 negative.  But there isn't a good or bad meter like there was in Mass Effect...  So it's pretty much answer how you want with no consequence, atleast from what I've seen so far...

I haven't gotten far in the game yet, only about 3 or so hours in and already it's getting hairy...  If you liked Mass Effect, I'd recommend this game as a pick up...

Offline dewman28

• I LOVE the Phoenix Suns! Especially Steve Nash. Boy would I like to get a piece of that!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Dragon Age: Origins
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:02:49 PM »
sounds like it could be worth picking up. Maybe for Xmas that way Ill be open 2 other games besides MW2 by then.....maybe

"Reflecting on my life I would rather wish I had made more money, rather than spending more time with my kids"-SAHD

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:47:34 AM »
what with some of the games out now,maybe time to renew my live sub n go online again (kicked it into touch cos i was sick of the arses that kept popping up) a couple of months ago.

daddydragon

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
The only thing I dislike about Dragon Age:origins is it has no XBL co-op nor offline co-op.

I got a little deep into the game, it gets harder, and I've died more then a handful of times. I used a human mage, and it's basically an extreme tactics RPG. The graphics were awesome and bloody. Also when you get pretty far in the game there's other quests there that you "have" to get the DLC. If you don't get the DLC the quests will always be there. I didn't get the DLC because the largest one is 1200 M$ points.

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »
looks like an awesome game... anyone else playing this? any new reviews?

Offline PFof2

• "If at first you don't suceed, respawn and try again."
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • heh heh yeah!
    • Mike Richardson Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »
Just thought I'd see if anyone has played this recently. If so what version did you play?

I heard PC version has best interface but of the consoles the PS3 version is best, also noticed most PS3 versions are cheaper than 360 versions lately.. hmmm  I downloaded a video of Dragon Age on the Playstation Network and at the end of it it said that there is a code for some armor that you can use and transfer to a character in Mass Effect 2!

Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 08:25:31 AM »
Just thought I'd see if anyone has played this recently. If so what version did you play?

I played the XB360 version and finished it several times. I'm a big fan of the original Baldurs Gate games on the PC and this is the closest modern 3D version. I did prefer the look of the PC version of Dragon Age with it's better graphics and interface but my PC is far too old and slow to run it. Once I installed Dragon Age onto the XB it did run a lot smoother.

Skhilled

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »
I got this for my birthday recently and love it. It reminds more of the old RPG games.  I have the PC version, not sure if there is much of a diff in the other versions or not.There's lot of quests to do to keep you busy. I haven't played Mass Effect so I can't compare it.

You can choose what you want to say when it comes time for you to talk, just like you can in Mass Effect.  The answers, for the most part, seem to be 1 positive, 2 sarcastic and 1 negative.  But there isn't a good or bad meter like there was in Mass Effect...  So it's pretty much answer how you want with no consequence, atleast from what I've seen so far...

There are consequences. You can get a negative approval from the NPC and even party members in the game. This will affect how they will deal with you...whether they will tell you or give you what you need or just dislike you and attack you. You can give NPC's and party members "gifts" which will increase your approval rating.

Your race, class, and nobility will have a bearing on how others react to you.

I'm a big fan of the original Baldurs Gate games on the PC and this is the closest modern 3D version.

I loved that game! I still have versions 1 and 2 and and addon or 2 lying around somewhere.

Offline davebrubek

• I have VGADD. I know that sounds painful, but once I get the SITP out I will no longer FUBAR my XB360. Although KISS has helped people like Dew in the past.
  • Daddy
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 04:00:27 PM »
So has anyone gotten the Awakening Expansion for this and if so how was it?

PaulMck

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
I pirated it for the comp. its pretty good. some new characters and quest

Offline davebrubek

• I have VGADD. I know that sounds painful, but once I get the SITP out I will no longer FUBAR my XB360. Although KISS has helped people like Dew in the past.
  • Daddy
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
is it good enough to spend money on?

PaulMck

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
oh yeah. i love being able to switch between my computers or xbox with the push of a button without having more monitors and keyboards and such. definitly a space and money saver

PaulMck

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »
lol ignore that its for a diff post OMG :laughat: no not worth money. thats why i got it for free

Offline davebrubek

• Daddy
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 10:08:27 AM »
thats what i was afraid of, thanks for the heads up

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution