Author Topic: Life Story  (Read 5058 times)

Tai89

Life Story
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:54 PM »
I'm posting this because I haven't been that active in the forums here since I joined up, and I figured a lot of you here don't know me.

I was born in Salt Lake in August of 1989, and shortly after my parents moved to Phoenix, AZ. About a year or so later, we moved back to Cache Valley, UT and lived there until my sister was born in October of '91. After a few years in Cache Valley, we then moved to Helena, MT, and a few years later to Boise, ID. My dad was in retail at the time, and we had to move a lot. To this day I have never lived in a state for more than 5 years at a time, or a house more than 3.

After a few months in Boise, my dad's cousin in California asked my dad to come work for him in his popcorn plant in Sacramento area. We moved to Rancho Cordova, and lived in a duplex there for about 2 years, during which, my youngest sister was born in May of '96, then my parents bought a house a few blocks away from where we had been living. We lived in the house for just under three years, my dad started a pool cleaning business, and my brother was born in March of '99. In the winter of '99, my mom felt that her family in Utah needed her, so we packed up and moved back to Cache Valley. We lived in various parts of Cache Valley over the next 5 years, and in the spring of 2004, my dad got a new job working as a district manager of the Only $1 Superstore. The catch to this amazing new opportunity and large increase in salary, was that we had to move to Idaho, between Pocatello and Idaho Falls. The company offered to pay our moving expenses and gave us a bonus to buy a house. The summer of '04 we moved to Blackfoot, ID.

My parents found a great house, but it wasn't ready for us to move in yet. we ended up in a 2 bedroom with 2 adults and 4 kids for the duration of the summer. Three days before we closed on the house, my dad was laid off from the store. Less than a year later, the company tanked...(hmm I wonder if there is a connection lol) On my birthday, Aug 1, of '04, we finally were able to move into the house. My parents still live there and don't have plans to move anytime soon.

After I graduated in May of 2007, I had to wait 3 months until I turned 18, so that I could get a job at one of the call centers in Pocatello, which is a 30 min drive from Blackfoot. I was in training for 6 weeks, 3 for classroom training, and 3 for learning lab, or on the phone training. Shortly before I started my training, my dad reenlisted in the military in a unit in Salt Lake and then transferred to a unit stationed in Missoula, MT so that he could be deployed. He was set for deployment to Iraq in the winter of 2007. Before he could go, after basic, he was sent to the eastern states for advanced training. After I turned 18, I started smoking 'cause I could'. When my mom found out she told me after my training was over at my new job, I had to move out. A few days after that she changed her mind, and told me she didn't want me to leave.

After my 3 weeks of classroom training, on the last day of my second week of learning lab, I met the woman who is now my wife. We started talking on September 28, 2007. She was having a bad day, and because of training, I got off early and had the weekend off, so I gave her my number so that we could keep talking. We started texting and continued through the night until I passed out and then started again the next day. I found out that she had two kids, a girl, Enid, age 4, and a boy, Aidin, age 1, from previous relationships and that she was still married to her soon-to-be-ex-husband, David, but that they were separated and were no longer living together. We started dating on October 2nd, and she got pregnant in December. After various battles over the children because of David's mother, we told him we were keeping the kids until the divorce was final and there was a custody agreement.

Within a week the divorce was finalized and since, he had no claim to Enid, since her bio is a deadbeat drunk pedophile in Minnesota, we were to trade Aidin weekly at noon on Saturdays. Of course, since David had been there since Enid was only a few months old, and he was a decent father when his mother was not around, we would let him take Enid, until she started school and now since she is 7 she goes with him every now and then when she doesn't have school. Our daughter was born in August of '08, and we were married November, 8th 2008. I just completed a CNA course and am waiting for the vouchers to take the state exam for the certification, and my wife stays at home to watch the kids.

Offline Aftrthought051

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Life Story
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »
Wow Brandon, that is one heck of a tale.  One of the strong reasons I got out of the military was so that I wouldn't have to uproot my family every 3 years or so and move.  You had to do that anyway.  Congrats on getting your certification and meeting your wife.  It seems like a great relationship you have there.  And congrats on your daughter as well, but with her kids as well, which you doubt feel and care for as your own.  Thanks for sharing.

Tai89

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
Thanks. and the only reason I treat my daughter any different than the other two is the age difference, although that only gets her out of so much trouble lol

Offline Adrian's Dad

• Cinema
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Cody
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »
That's a crazy story.  I'm a Boise native (still here) and my wife is from Logan and Tremonton so it was easy to trace your steps in my head.  :)*

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »
awesome, thanks for sharing that with us.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
Hey Brandon thanks for sharing your story with us!  Very interesting read. Congrats on the kids and good luck with the certification!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Tai89

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 12:15:38 AM »
Thanks. Good news about the CNA. I got the vouchers today and am scheduled to take the tests next tuesday. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes, but this weekend, we are moving back up to Blackfoot because there are no CNA jobs in Cache Valley.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
Hey Tai - hell of a story!

How did things go with the CNA?  Get moved and settled?

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Tai89

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 04:56:29 PM »
Got moved and settled, although I failed the skills test, and haven't been able to scrounge up the extra money for another voucher. Also, places where I am now ask for things that I don't have (Such as first aid, and med certification) so i still haven't found anything. on Saturday i take a class for the med cert, and then hopefully next month i will be able to get the first aid, although i'll be taking a class that is cpr/first aid, but it should be a good review.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
Glad to hear that your still going for it.   Don't quit!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »
Awesome!  Good luck on saturday!  Let us know how you do

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
keep at it and good luck

Tai89

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
I passed the class today  :righton: I know get to sign my name with the initials UAP after it. It basically means that I am legally able to assist LPNs and RNs in administering medication.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »
That's great news Brandon!    I bet your excited aren't you?

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Tai89

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »
mostly. lol.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution