Author Topic: Next Avenue  (Read 702 times)

Offline Quagmire

• No, spanking is not wrong. I like it once a day!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
Next Avenue
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »
Next Avenue

PBS is collaborating on an adult "Sesame Street" -- and it has nothing to do with the Katy Perry boob brouhaha.

Called "Next Avenue," the series -- and corresponding Web site -- aims to help teach baby boomers how to handle their lives now that they've reached middle age, much the way the preschool TV show teaches kids their A-B-Cs.

Twin Cities Public Television, in conjunction with American Public Television and PBS, has already put together $5 million in grant money for the series, which is due to launch in the spring.

"We are designing 'Next Avenue' to be a virtual life coach for baby boomers," Twin Cities Public Television president Jim Pagliarini told Broadcasting & Cable
. "It will also challenge them to see the opportunities life holds after 45."

I'm going to laugh my ass off if this series consists of subjects like:
Bert and Ernie struggling to come to terms with their sexuality/come out of the closet
Oscar the grouch coping with Road Rage and/or a failed marriage
Cookie Monster tackling obesity
The count trying to deal with being popular only with tween girls, everyone else teasing him about being an Edward Cullen wannabe/making other twilight jokes.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
Re: Next Avenue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
well if they are talking about baby boomers, and even as the program says, its teaching middle aged people how to handle getting older.  its not for teenagers, its for actual adults.  which is really weird...

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »
Next Avenue

PBS is collaborating on an adult "Sesame Street" -- and it has nothing to do with the Katy Perry boob brouhaha.

Called "Next Avenue," the series -- and corresponding Web site -- aims to help teach baby boomers how to handle their lives now that they've reached middle age, much the way the preschool TV show teaches kids their A-B-Cs.

Twin Cities Public Television, in conjunction with American Public Television and PBS, has already put together $5 million in grant money for the series, which is due to launch in the spring.

"We are designing 'Next Avenue' to be a virtual life coach for baby boomers," Twin Cities Public Television president Jim Pagliarini told Broadcasting & Cable
. "It will also challenge them to see the opportunities life holds after 45."

I'm going to laugh my ass off if this series consists of subjects like:
Bert and Ernie struggling to come to terms with their sexuality/come out of the closet
Oscar the grouch coping with Road Rage and/or a failed marriage
Cookie Monster tackling obesity
The count trying to deal with being popular only with tween girls, everyone else teasing him about being an Edward Cullen wannabe/making other twilight jokes.

:LMAO:

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:44:31 PM »
I'll admit I'm a fan of Jeff Dunham, but being educated by a puppet seems like something you have to do tweaked out of your freaken' mind.  Otherwise it's just...creepy.

And seriously, cookie monster has GOT to be one of those "binge and purge" people.

Also, that Katy Perry boob brouhaha was pretty awesome.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution