Author Topic: Class Action Settlement for Gillette M3Power Razor  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Class Action Settlement for Gillette M3Power Razor
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
Not sure if this applies to anyone, but if so there is a lawsuit being filed against Gillette  for the M3Power Razer.

There is a proposed settlement with The Gillette Company (“Defendant”) in a class action lawsuit, In re M3Power Razor System Marketing & Sales Practices Litigation, Civil Action No. 05-11177. The case is about Gillette’s advertising for the M3Power Razor.

The lawsuit challenges the accuracy of Gillette’s advertisements for the M3Power Razor. Plaintiffs claim Gillette’s advertisements that the M3Power Razor “raises or stimulates hair up and away from the skin” were false and misleading and violated consumer-related laws in the USA and Canada. In mid-2005, Gillette deleted those representations from its ads. Gillette denies all the allegations but has agreed to the proposed settlement to resolve this class action.

The proposed settlement offers benefits (including cash refunds, cash rebates, or a new Gillette manual men’s razor) to persons in the United States or Canada who purchased or otherwise acquired for use and not resale an M3Power Razor in the United States between May 1, 2004 and September 30, 2005, or in Canada between May 1, 2004 and October 31, 2005, and who submit valid and timely claims.

The Court will hold a Final Fairness Hearing at 2:00 pm on March 25, 2011, at the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Court Room No. 1, 1 Courthouse Way, Boston, Massachusetts. At the Final Fairness Hearing, the Court will consider whether the proposed settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate. The Court also will consider Settlement Class Counsel’s request for attorneys’ fees, costs, and expenses, as well as awards for the Representative Plaintiffs and Named Plaintiffs. If there are objections, the Court will consider them. After the Final Fairness Hearing, the Court will decide whether to approve the proposed settlement and how much to award to Settlement Class Counsel as fees, costs, and expenses, and how much to award to the Representative Plaintiffs and Named Plaintiffs as incentive awards. The Final Fairness Hearing may be moved to a different date without additional notice, so it is a good idea to periodically check this site for updated information.

To ask for a refund, rebate, or replacement razor, you must complete and submit a claim form, or a written request that contains substantially the same information as the claim form. All claims must be postmarked by May 2, 2011. Please refer to Question 11 of the Notice for further instructions.

To exclude yourself from the proposed settlement, you must send a letter or other written document to the Settlement Administrator by mail saying that you want to be excluded. You must mail your exclusion request by March 4, 2011. Please refer to Question 16 of the Notice for further instructions.

If you disagree with any aspect of the proposed settlement, you may express your views to the Court through a written response to the proposed settlement. You must object to the proposed settlement in writing, and your written objection must be postmarked by March 4, 2011. Please refer to Question 19 of the Notice for further instructions.

This website will be updated periodically. At the left side of the page, you will find links with additional information on the proposed settlement.

http://www.m3powersettlement.com/

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Class Action Settlement for Gillette M3Power Razor
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:45:30 AM »
Gillette is our main competitor.   This won't hurt them at all in a financial since.   

I work for a razor blade company that was just recently bought by Energizer/Schick and you wouldn't believe how often we get claims and settlements claiming our razors have hurt people.   

I would say this is just a drop in the bucket for Gillette.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
I use electric, but still.

I wonder how many people will be disappointed when their settlement is $3.50 instead of $3,500

EDIT: Also, if you use the product as intended and still hurt yourself (knowing the risks and dangers of using said product), there should be a Darwin clause that protects the manufacturer.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Quagmire

• No, spanking is not wrong. I like it once a day!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »
I work for a razor blade company that was just recently bought by Energizer/Schick and you wouldn't believe how often we get claims and settlements claiming our razors have hurt people.

Yeah, it's a sharp metal blade.  Any person with a SHRED of common sense should be able to discern that there's the possibility you might cut yourself.

Also, if you use the product as intended and still hurt yourself (knowing the risks and dangers of using said product), there should be a Darwin clause that protects the manufacturer.

Effin A, man!

I can't STAND the way people are allowed to file suit in this country based on their stupidity!!!
 :hairpull: :gaah: :mad2: :banghead:

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 13
    • Longitude 111
  • First Name?: Rob
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
thats why I stick with straight razors.. It takes a real "special" kind of person to be able to cut yourself with one of those normal razors... try using a single straight blade.. now thats skill!

the first time I tried using it, it looked like I was trying to slit my throat.. and once I damn near cut my nipple off. I've since then learned the proper way to use it :D
My Geocaching blog: http://www.longitude111.com

Offline Quagmire

• No, spanking is not wrong. I like it once a day!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »
thats why I stick with straight razors.. It takes a real "special" kind of person to be able to cut yourself with one of those normal razors... try using a single straight blade.. now thats skill!

the first time I tried using it, it looked like I was trying to slit my throat.. and once I damn near cut my nipple off. I've since then learned the proper way to use it :D

OUCH!!!!  I don't even want to think about nipple pain!  LOL!

My barber always uses a straight razor on the back of my neck and sideburns.  And I've always wondered how many people he cut before he got it figured out.  Kinda wish I was brave enough to try...

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 13
    • Longitude 111
  • First Name?: Rob
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »

OUCH!!!!  I don't even want to think about nipple pain!  LOL!

My barber always uses a straight razor on the back of my neck and sideburns.  And I've always wondered how many people he cut before he got it figured out.  Kinda wish I was brave enough to try...

Yeah it takes a steady hand and you have to know which direction to shave (normal razors are pretty forgiving regardless of direction) as well as the angle.. the nipple didnt really hurt but god did it bleed forever! hahaha
My Geocaching blog: http://www.longitude111.com

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
Rob, I'm curious, but I don't think I want to know, how you cut your nipple with a razor you were shaving your face with.

O.o

Updated via Tapatalk

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution