Author Topic: Hobo Daddy Meal #1: BP's Happy Ramen  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
Hobo Daddy Meal #1: BP's Happy Ramen
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
I know the name is funny, and it's intended to be so. This is a very cheap, and easy meal to make. I actually made this out of desperation the first time, seeing was we had not much food and very little money one month.

Ingredients:
Ramen Noodles (Maruchan Brand Preferred/Chicken flavored)
Canned Sweet Yellow Corn
Canned Tomatoes (Diced)
Soy sauce (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)
Water
Salt
1 TBSP of Butter/Margarine (Blue Bonnet is the one I use)

Tools:
A medium or large Pot
Colander/Strainer
A wooden spoon (or anything else you can stir with)
Can opener

Directions:
1. Figure out how many people you are feeding as well as how much they will eat. Usually with this recipe, it's two packs of ramen per adult, and 1 per child. 1 can of corn and 1 can of tomatoes for up to 3 packs of ramen.

2. Fill your pot with water and add just a few sprinkles of salt. Set you stove on high and leave pot to boil. Keep a sharp eye on it.

3. Open all of your packets of ramen noodles and set aside the flavoring.

4. Use your can opener to open all of the cans of corn and diced tomatoes. Drain them then set aside.

5. At this point, the water should be boiling, put all of your ramen in as quickly as possible, without splashing hot water everywhere. Stay close and keep an eye on it, and complete step 4 if your water started boiling sooner than you intended.

6. When the noodles have started rolling because they've softened, add in your tomatoes and corn now. Stir the veggies together with the noodles.

7. Once the ramen is tender enough to eat, which shouldn't take very long, drain your pot into your colander, immediately after a majority of the water is drained, put your food back into the pot. Make sure your stove is off.

8. Add in all of the packets of seasoning as well as your tablespoon of butter/margarine, use your wooden spoon (or stirring utensil) to mix in the seasoning and butter until you can no longer see it. Now the meal is complete and ready for most people.

9. (Optional) Add in your soy and/or hot sauces for a little extra flavor as too add some spice. Meal is now complete, enjoy.

Another good thing to add to this would be a protein, maybe some ground beef or turkey, or diced chicken. I'd suggest adding Tyson's Fiesta Style Chicken Strips after sauteing them, unless you have a better recipe that you'd prefer to use instead.

It should only take about 10 minutes to actually put this meal together.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Hobo Daddy Meal #1: BP's Happy Ramen
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »
I will have to try this.  Me and my kids love ramen noodles.   They are cheap and taste pretty good.   Don't know about the nutritional value, but we like them and when times get tough..... 

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
i've ate my share of ramen noodles, i usually start the water off with about a half a tablespoon of garlic, a good mushroom soy sauce and a dash or two of a nice hot pepper sauce. cook the noodles as directed with these little helpers and add veg and meat, i usually used peas and thin strips of roast beef thrown in at the last 30 second of cooking time. finish with the dehydrated packet of msg and enjoy. <-- that's good with the "chili" or "beef" noodles, i like to add a small amount of peanut butter, hot sauce, coconut milk, lime juice and cilantro to the "chicken" variety.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

mrsilent42o

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
i've ate my share of ramen noodles, i usually start the water off with about a half a tablespoon of garlic, a good mushroom soy sauce and a dash or two of a nice hot pepper sauce. cook the noodles as directed with these little helpers and add veg and meat, i usually used peas and thin strips of roast beef thrown in at the last 30 second of cooking time. finish with the dehydrated packet of msg and enjoy. <-- that's good with the "chili" or "beef" noodles, i like to add a small amount of peanut butter, hot sauce, coconut milk, lime juice and cilantro to the "chicken" variety.

dang gonna have to try that out..sounds good different way to make them thanks for the idea.  :up:

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »

Everything but the mushroom in there sounds good to me.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution