Author Topic: White House releases Obama birth certificate  (Read 2497 times)

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
White House releases Obama birth certificate
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
About time.  I never believed he wasn't a citizen but it sure took long enough to put it out and shut everyone up.  Guess he didn't want it to affect his campaign.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/white-house-releases-obama-birth-certificate

The White House on Wednesday morning released the president's long form birth certificate (pdf) in an attempt to put "birther" questions to rest.

"The President believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country. It may have been good politics and good T.V., but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country," White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said in a statement.

The president had released his certificate of live birth in 2008, but many "birthers" said the absence of a long form birth certificate prompted questions about Obama's birthplace of Hawaii. In recent weeks potential GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has brought birther questions into the forefront of the media.

"At a time of great consequence for this country--when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," Pfeiffer said. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

Obama admitted at a White House press conference following the document's release Wednesday morning that he's been both amused and puzzled by the degree to which his place of birth has become an issue.

The president echoed Pfeiffer's statements saying that Americans and their representatives need to come together to solve issues such as how to "invest in our future" while tackling the federal deficit and federal debt:

But we're not going to be able to do it if we are distracted. We're not going to be able to do it if we spend time vilifying each other. We're not going to be able to do it if we just make stuff up and pretend that facts are not facts. We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers.

Though the president didn't mention Trump by name, Obama noted that when he announced his deficit plan this month, his birth certificate, not our country's economic future, dominated the news that week.

Trump on Wednesday took full credit for the release.

"I feel I've accomplished something really really important and I'm honored by it," Trump said at a press conference held during his pre-scheduled visit today to New Hampshire. Trump noted that people have long been requesting the document, but Trump was the only one who got the president to release it. Trump suggested Wednesday this development will boost his own potential presidential candidacy.

Trump said he and others are still going to have to assess the document's authenticity. We're "going to look at it. We have to see if it's real, if it's proper," Trump said. But he added that he's "sure it's the right deal" and is looking forward to moving on to more important issues such as OPEC and China.

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: White House releases Obama birth certificate
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
I always assume something that this is long on coming, is likely a fraud.  But whatever.  I however, don't think he's a muslim, nor do I believe that he was born anywhere else but Hawaii.  Trump is just trying to muddy up what should be a campaign and debate about policy.  I look forward to the media spotlight being turned back on the big T.  Let's see how he explains things like using bankruptcy as a business tool, or evicting an elderly resident so that he can build a parking garage for limos.  This guy is bad news and at best the P.T. Barnum of our age.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
This is where political waters get muddy for me.  It starts to become something more like a religion or faith than anything else.

For those that believe Obama wasn't born in the US, no amount of evidence is going to dissuade them.  They'll continue to think it's a fraudulent piece of paper or something doctored (it's data in a computer...how tough is this, really, to fake?).  For those that do believe he was born here (or that it just doesn't matter), no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway them.

I mean, let's be honest, if all it takes is a piece of paper saying he was born elsewhere, or he is Muslim, or any other number of reasons to change your mind, then you most likely were already going to change your mind about him anyway.

His ability to lead this country should be focused on what he's done or didn't do.  Same as it was with Clinton and his public sex life.  I don't care if the man got to know a chicken, biblically, as long as he's doing a good job for the country.

Slight rant summed up...my decision to vote for him or against him most likely won't have anything to do with his birth certificate.  Instead, I look forward to the ability to, once again, vote for the lesser of two evils.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »
Well said Keet.  I think this simply came down to the fact that this "issue" took on a life of it's own and became bigger than his camp ever thought it would.  He released it because he was afraid it would affect his chances for re-election.  Self preservation.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
Annnnnnnnd the drama continues.  Of course people are now saying it's a fake.  Here's one story that takes it apart:

http://www.infowars.com/new-obama-birth-certificate-is-a-forgery/

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
Ok, everyone, keep looking into this.   This is really important and we don't really need to concentrate on things like the

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • And then there were 5
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
Question: What would happen if it turns out he is not a US citizen? Does that not mean his presidency is invalid and everything he signed into laws would be void?

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I think that is pretty much exactly what it means.  And he'd probably be thrown in jail

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
So, how do you make an up-and-coming bid for election the biggest political timebomb ever?  Allege that he didn't have the marks to get into Harvard and was only there through the Affirmative Action campaign of old....  Then be proven wrong.  Well played Trumpy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/04/28/trump-backlash-us.html

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »
A little excerpt from that.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But there was little love for Trump on Thursday, the day after the White House released the president's long-form birth certificate after the billionaire rejuvenated the so-called birther debate. The standard form of the document was released three years ago.

Trump took credit for the White House move, then proceeded to his next line of attack by suggesting Obama was an academic fraud who didn't have the grades to get into Harvard. It seemed a reference to the country's affirmative action policies, loathed by many Republicans.

Racism alleged
That new battle front prompted a scathing rebuke from Bob Schieffer, a respected journalistic veteran in the United States who's covered national politics for decades.

"That's just code for saying he got into law school because he's black," Schieffer said on the CBS Evening News. "This is an ugly strain of racism that's running through this whole thing."

Jesse Jackson and other civil rights activists have also suggested Trump's stances on both the birther issue and Obama's academic bona fides smack of racism. A white president, they point out, has never been hounded by questions about his birthplace.

A day after Schieffer's remarks, Trump seemed taken aback.

"That is a terrible statement for a newscaster to make," Trump said when reached by the gossip website TMZ. "I am the last person that such a thing should be said about."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So tell me, if someone alleged racism against you, would you come out and say "Well that's not very nice to say about me" or would you come out with a resounding, "No, that's not what I was saying and they're trying to use this to cloud the issues of what I said...."

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
 :laugh2:

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Hey Trumps a businessman.  Buy cheap sell high!

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
"We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers." Three minutes later, "when's the shoot with Oprah scheduled?" Just thought I'd point out the irony in this. If our country is doomed, at least Trump will make it entertaining to watch.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
After his show with Oprah he headed to NYC to fund raise. Guess the work is done for this term.  On to the campaign trail.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution