Author Topic: Nike Free Run+  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Nike Free Run+
« on: May 14, 2011, 10:05:10 PM »
So after a lot of soul searching and research i have decided to buy a "minimalist shoe" that is close to mimicking barefoot running.  I was wondering if anyone else has run in them.  I plan to run with them and post a review on here after a little bit to let all know how they stack up.  From initial impression they are pretty good.  I ran with them in the store for a little bit, and on the treadmill for a minute or so and they were good.  When i got home, i ran down the block and back and i was surprised how comfortable and light they are.  We are planning on running a few miles tomorrow.  In about a month i will post a full review on here for all the runners. 

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: Nike Free Run+
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
I've seen those 5 fingered shoes more and more in races.  I think Bob has a pair.  Good luck with them!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:36:07 PM »
good thing about the Nike Frees are they are a closed toe shoe, no fingers, but much lighter and less stiff padding then the traditional running shoe.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:11:19 AM »
I've been wearing the Vibram shoes (5 fingered) off and on for about a year, and ran with them on the treadmill during the winter.  Summer has been filled with soccer, so I haven't had a chance to run much with them outside, but I love wearing them out and about.  I can't believe how tactile they feel.

I've heard a lot of good about the frees, though.  For a more traditional shoe they're certainly a great option.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution