Author Topic: CoD MW3 or BF3?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
CoD MW3 or BF3?
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »
So what're you guys going to get in this battle of the FPS genre?  The new Modern Warfare or the new Battlefield?

I'm sure I'll get both, and I'm sure I'll play both online, though I've typically played more battlefield online than I have cod.  Pros and cons to both, though I've typically leaned towards battlefield.

CoDMW3 Gameplay Reveal Trailer:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

BF3 Gameplay Reveal Trailer:
Battlefield 3: Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Re: CoD MW3 or BF3?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »
both look good, so i am unsure which i will get.  i have yet to fire the Xbox up since i have been home from Iraq.  Really looking forward to Arkham City also.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:56 PM »
Is neither an option?  I was so disappointed with MW2 and never really loved the Battlefield or BFBC2 games, though like Keet said, they have their pros and cons.  I'm just not really interested in either right now.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »
I thought BO was a good version of MW, but certainly nothing new.  I'm hoping they step it up with this next one, but considering how much money the franchise is making by just repeating themselves, I'm not expecting much.

BF3 I'm really looking forward to.

AM Woody

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
Now, I don't know if it's true or not because it was said before and never happened, but there is alot of stuff flying around that there will be a subscription based service for the new Call Of Duty.  You'll still be able to play online without playing, but you pretty much get no extras without paying.  It's almost like these free games you find on the internet.  The problem is, with Call Of Duty, the game is NOT free.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »
I know they've been wanting to dig into the used game market for ages and this seems to be the simplest way to ensure continued revenue from the game after the initial sale.  Be better to release it for free (or very low cost) and charge for weapons, skins, maps, dedicated servers, etc. than to charge full price for the game AND charge for in game items.

WoW (and other free MMOs) have proven micro-transactions can work, and work well.

I read the article where one of the head guys said they were looking into it, and if that turns out to be the case, I may pass. 

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
If that is the case, I would pass for sure.  I can play Black Ops, a game I enjoy but with some frustration, for free and save $60.  Same with BF3.  I am not that interested in it to pay $60 thats for sure.  The price would have to go down quite a bit on both of these to get me to pay for the game used and then the subscription fee.  I'd maybe buy them for $40 new.  As much as I do like Black Ops, I would never pay to play it online.  I'm not gonna pay for a headache and frustration  :doh!

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
I'm going with BF3, with that and Gears 3 I think I'm giving up on COD.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi

Offline Leukoi

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 10:50:14 AM »
Activision will do what they do best, they will reskin the same old game and slap a $60 price tag on it.  EA, while I'm not anywhere near their biggest fan and have avoided their titles like the plague, at least wants to kick Activision in the balls by removing COD as the top selling game.  That motivation will make them put so much more into their game, and I personally think the trailer speaks for itself.  I see a video that appears to be a mixed bag rehash of the last two modern warfare games, and then a video of something that looks, and sounds, rather incredible. 

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
To me, the BF3 trailer looks exactly like BFBC2 but with a new engine.  I'm not sure what they will be able to put into their new game that the previous ones didn't.  However, I think MW3 will be the same, though they will not release new engine footage until its closer to the release date.  At this point, I am not really interested in either one.  Neither have done anything thus far to reel me in.  If BF3 is anything like BFBC2, then I will pass.  If MW3 is anything like MW2, then I will pass.  I understand the new engines for both games will bring something different, but to me, its not enough to reel me in yet.  For me, I'm going to need something groundbreaking, or innovative.

Until then, its Black Ops for me and MAYBE another game if I get bored  :biggrin:

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
I'm really not sure what they could do to any FPS at this point to make it groundbreaking or any different than anything we've seen.

BC3 does look like BC2.  MW3 does look like MW2.

I'm just not sure what else any game shop can do to make any of us think, "Holy crap, this is all so new!  I have a gun and I shoot stuff!" about an FPS.

I played the crap out of BC2, I played the crap out of MW2.  Black Ops to a much lesser degree.  Maybe I'll play BC3 to a lesser degree, but so far that's still a pre-order for me.  MW3 would have to have some awesome swag or unlocks for it to be a pre-order.

Offline Leukoi

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »
To me, the BF3 trailer looks exactly like BFBC2 but with a new engine.  I'm not sure what they will be able to put into their new game that the previous ones didn't.  However, I think MW3 will be the same, though they will not release new engine footage until its closer to the release date.  At this point, I am not really interested in either one.  Neither have done anything thus far to reel me in.  If BF3 is anything like BFBC2, then I will pass.  If MW3 is anything like MW2, then I will pass.  I understand the new engines for both games will bring something different, but to me, its not enough to reel me in yet.  For me, I'm going to need something groundbreaking, or innovative.

Until then, its Black Ops for me and MAYBE another game if I get bored  :biggrin:

Is BF3 that similar to BFBC2?  I played the demo, and really, I felt like I already purchased that game for a whole lot less, and it was called Battlefield 1942.  I had so many problems with EA's servers in Battlefield 1942 that I have not bought any of their games since.  I was that put off. 

In that MW3 video, I saw a C130 part, a little boat part, some underwater swimming, a minigun part...every single bit of that has already been played out in the previous games.  They are bringing absolutely nothing new, other than multiplayer maps.  I'm willing to bet that they are salivating over the money that's going to be thrown at them for DLC map packs for that game. 

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
I'm really not sure what they could do to any FPS at this point to make it groundbreaking or any different than anything we've seen.

I'm just not sure what else any game shop can do to make any of us think, "Holy crap, this is all so new!  I have a gun and I shoot stuff!" about an FPS.

I played the crap out of BC2, I played the crap out of MW2.  Black Ops to a much lesser degree.  Maybe I'll play BC3 to a lesser degree, but so far that's still a pre-order for me.  MW3 would have to have some awesome swag or unlocks for it to be a pre-order.

Wager matches Keet.  Wager matches  :LMAO:

Offline JacksDaddy

• Big Daddy Hero
  • My baby girl
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
In that MW3 video, I saw a C130 part, a little boat part, some underwater swimming, a minigun part...every single bit of that has already been played out in the previous games.  They are bringing absolutely nothing new, other than multiplayer maps.  I'm willing to bet that they are salivating over the money that's going to be thrown at them for DLC map packs for that game.

$20 for 2 maps now  :ROFL:   No thank you!

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »

Wager matches Keet.  Wager matches  :LMAO:

:laugh2:

I guess that's my point.  CoD:BO already did wager matches...and zombies.  Brink has gone pure objective (much like Borderlands).  Battlefield added vehicles and destructible environments and minor bullet physics.  Halo and Crysis did space weapons.

I'm just not sure what's left for the genre.  I think the fact is, we've get MW2 clones or BC2 clones or BLands clones.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution