Author Topic: Endomondo (Running App)  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
Re: Endomondo (Running App)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »
Still using the APP and I still love it. I'm still on the Free version but I am really considering going PRO, now that I'm incorporating in interval runs. I have a few friends "using" the APP but I almost never see any activity from them. Are any of you still using it? Have any of you used it and moved on to the next APP? If so, which one? Thoughts on the new one? Comparisons?

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
Still using the APP and I still love it. I'm still on the Free version but I am really considering going PRO, now that I'm incorporating in interval runs. I have a few friends "using" the APP but I almost never see any activity from them. Are any of you still using it? Have any of you used it and moved on to the next APP? If so, which one? Thoughts on the new one? Comparisons?

I have been using mapmyrun.... I tried ends nod and went back to MMR... User interface is pretty easy, and at times, it seemed a little more accurate. However I manually log workouts, as I have ruined 3 phones from running, not sure why just ruined them.  Started overheating, turned off, did not come back on.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
I have ruined 3 phones from running, not sure why just ruined them.  Started overheating, turned off, did not come back on.

It's funny you mention this. I'm actually considering leaving mine at home for known distance runs. Just one less thing to keep up with or drop.

I have been using mapmyrun.... I tried ends nod and went back to MMR... User interface is pretty easy...

Does it track interval runs?

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »
Better late than never.  I just downloaded this app. I think I have 5 exercise apps now lol

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
Let me know what you think :)

fatt_tony_13

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »
I had been using the map my run app, it wasnt very accurate for me. My wife and I have a walking route we usually go on that is about 3.25 miles. One day we walked the route and at the end map my run had me at 5.5 miles with average pace of 4.8mph. I just started using endomondo today, it seems to be more accurate. I cant really say for sure though because we didnt walk our usual route.

If anyone uses endomondo and wants to add me as a friend I would welcome the motivation.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:02:52 PM by fatt_tony_13 »

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »
I had been using the map my run app, it wasnt very accurate for me. My wife and I have a walking route we usually go on that is about 3.25 miles. One day we walked the route and at the end map my run had me at 5.5 miles with average pace of 4.8mph. I just started using endomondo today, it seems to be more accurate. I cant really say for sure though because we didnt walk our usual route.

If anyone uses endomondo and wants to add me as a friend I would welcome the motivation.

i think a lot has to do with the accuracy of the phone you are using.  I have compared numerous apps with my GPS watch and all appear to be off from time to time.  My understanding is that the phone will go off of one satellite, whereas watches go off of 6-8 satellites, making them more accurate.  Hence why i run with my watch and manually upload them on the computer. 

fatt_tony_13

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 10:16:03 PM »

i think a lot has to do with the accuracy of the phone you are using.  I have compared numerous apps with my GPS watch and all appear to be off from time to time.  My understanding is that the phone will go off of one satellite, whereas watches go off of 6-8 satellites, making them more accurate.  Hence why i run with my watch and manually upload them on the computer.

That does make sense, my phone is an HTC inspire 4g through AT&T.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »
mine is an HTC MyTouch4g through Tmobile

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:45 AM »
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I do feel like it's more accurate than when I used the same app on my I-Phone 3G.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »

used it once this morning taking my daughter to school. It was very accurate. I like it. Only have 1 friend on there though  :down:

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

used it once this morning taking my daughter to school. It was very accurate. I like it. Only have 1 friend on there though  :down:
emdomondo or mapmyrun?

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
emdomondo  was the one I used today....I've used mapmyrun many times

Sitemap Multimedia Forum