Author Topic: Dreamcast, the console that is reviving itself  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
Dreamcast, the console that is reviving itself
« on: December 16, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
I just wanted to see how many of you guys have or have had a Dreamcast ever. My brother bought one when I was younger which he still has, and I myself recently purchased one. I've always loved this system, even though it was Sega's last in the console market. The games were great (for the most part), it was innovation and well ahead of it's time, and the graphics weren't half bad either. This console was a commercial failure however, but is and has been becoming a cult classic console. As odd as it might sound, their are people still making games that are playable on the Dreamcast, quite a few of them are ports of PC games and mods, but they work really well on the console itself. How do I know, because I've played a few of them on my console, and boy am I happy I have it. just seeing if anyone else has been playing or thinking of playing the old Dreamcast. If you look around, you might find something worth while to play on it.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: Dreamcast, the console that is reviving itself
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
I wanted one when they came out but never got one.  The games did seem great, I had a friend that had one.  Somewhere I have/had an old Sega Genesis console.  Also have the original x-box which I don't use anymore

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Bloodpantha

• Did you trip on that? Sorry. Let me tuck that back into my pants.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 8
  • Reach Football, the new Generation of Halo Sports.
    • Deviant to the Heart
  • Children?: 3; 2 girls, 1 boy
  • First Name?: Andre
  • Xbox Gamertag: dcspantha35
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »
I'm telling you Randy, get one, it's a great system, and there are plenty of great games for it. And despite what you may hear from a lot of people, all Dreamcasts can play burned games, they just have to be CD-Rs and not CD-RW. You will however need a lot of VMUs (memory cards) because some of the better games take up a lot of space.
Below is actually a sprite edit of Zero from the Megaman X series from Megaman X4 and beyond. The character I'm creating through the edit is called "Heat".

Action Shots

Achievements

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
the dreamcast also had one of the best controllers ever for a console if not the best. if you decide the dreamcast games are not for you  there are hundreds of other practical uses for the system.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution