Author Topic: Variations of Gaming Dads  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Variations of Gaming Dads
« on: December 30, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »

Males  take on a very special role when they become a dad.   Being a dad is a reward in itself.  The smiles you see, the tears you wipe, the stories you share with your child.  These rewards are priceless and will always be held close to the heart.  Yet you still need time as a person to enjoy treats you may have. 

Being a gaming dad is a wonderful way to accomplish this.  After the kids are in bed, you can relax and put yourself in another world while playing games on your XBOX 360.  There are many games that appeal to gaming dads.  Why not try out “Forza 4“?  This game will put dad as a racecar driver in this stimulation game.  This game can be played as a multi player game so it can be played with other gaming dads.  The game can also be played in split screen where you can see yourself racing head to head with another player.

Another great gaming dads game is “Batman Arham City“.  This game will bring gaming dads back to a childhood time.  This action game will allow you to control Batman as you complete missions around Arkham City.  Catwoman may also be played as a variation.

Now what if your kids are old enough to play the XBOX 360 with you?  By all means let them and enjoy it.  There is a wealth of games that both the gaming dad and child will both like.  How about popping in “Toy Story 3” for dads with younger children?  This game will allow the gaming dad and the child to work alike as they play with Buzz, Woody and the rest of the cast.  They can build buildings, and use paint options so the creativity is quite high on this game.

“Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?”  is a great game to play with children that are 6 and older.  The game provides hours of entertainment as it proves to your children how smart their gaming dad really is.

Gaming dads with older children may wish to play a dancing game with them.  Dancing games will add comic relief because it is fun to see everyone dance.  :Just Dance 3” is a great game that will accomplish this.  There are 45 tracks on this game, so both dad and the child will find a song they both like to dance to.  Plus as an added benefit you can play the game you wish to play so game time will never be boring.

There is no reason why dads can not be gaming dads.  Gaming time is relaxing time and can be used as time spent with the children.  Gaming dads can enjoy time by themselves, and it is often a great way for them to clear their heads.  Or they can enjoy time spent gaming with their bundle or bundles of joy.  Anyway you look at it, gaming is a fun way for dads to have some fun.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
Re: Variations of Gaming Dads
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
Great post Keith.   :plus1:

Gaming is great for dad child bonding and just for winding down. Just remember not to fall into the trap of having it take the place of family. Use it and enjoy it with and for the family.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »
Well said, John.   It is never to take away from family, but to add to the bonding of a family playing together.  But like I said in the article, after the kids are in bed it's a great way to relax and unwind.

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:12:45 PM »
Amen brother.... now throw the kids in bed and come play!  :LMAO2:

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »
I thought about you earlier, but my kids and their friends were playing and they challenged me.   So, Tanner and I kicked their butt most games.

Now I promised my wife I would watch The Note Book with her.......again.   It's not really a bad movie.  :)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
Uhhmmm sure.  ~o)

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:36 AM »
Great post keith. My kids are just getting to the age to play, and I need t start carving out some me time.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution