Author Topic: Movies that might make a dad cry.  (Read 1462 times)

jsbryant78

Movies that might make a dad cry.
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
I know that men are supposed to be strong, but sometimes you have to show a soft side. That happened to me tonight. The wife and I were watching the movie 50/50. I held my own, until it got close to the end. I could feel tears flowing down my face. Then out of nowhere, I started balling for a minute.
I have never cried during a movie until I became a dad. Age could be a factor, but I refuse to grow old.
Whether it be age or fatherbood, has there ever been a movie that has made you cry?
There is no shame in this. Or am I the only guy who has cried during a movie?

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
Movies that might make a dad cry.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:48 AM »
You're not the only one, though I can't recall what movies. I agree, though...I didn't cry at movies until I became a father.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Movies that might make a dad cry.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:11 AM »
I have cried from several movies.   LOL    I laugh at it now and my wife laughs at me too.   I don't think that I ever cried at movies until I became a dad.   

As I mentioned that my wife laughs at me when I cry during movies, it's not that she is making fun of me.  Sure I cry over movies about kids, but what she laughs at is when I cry over animal movies, especially dogs.   

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

jona816

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:24:19 AM »
Yea, I think the older I am getting the more emotional I am getting. Especially films that have to do with comrade re (sp?), ie. war films and father-son relationships depicted on film. I havent balled (yet) but if I feel the urge to I may have to excuse myself, lol.

fatt_tony_13

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
Any movie with a father/son type of plot gets to me. My dad hasnt spoken to me since 1997, and I have no clue why. He lives 30 minutes away and wont meet me for lunch. My daughter was born in a hospital in the city he lives in, he couldnt be bothered to come see her. It breaks my heart, and Im tearing up as I type this. Im not sure how anyone could be so careless towards their only child. I apologize for getting off subject.

I cried at the end of Tron:Legacy.

jona816

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »
Damn, Im so sorry to hear that. I still have a relationship with my dad but wouldn't say it's the best, not anymore at least. I just still have so many fond memories with him as a kid and well, things have changed - big time. I guess I kind of want things the way they were so many years ago and movies with the "father" thing always gets to me, never fails.

Again, Im very sorry. Have you ever tried reaching out to him and trying to get some sort of explanation? (don't mean to put you on the spot)

Any movie with a father/son type of plot gets to me. My dad hasnt spoken to me since 1997, and I have no clue why. He lives 30 minutes away and wont meet me for lunch. My daughter was born in a hospital in the city he lives in, he couldnt be bothered to come see her. It breaks my heart, and Im tearing up as I type this. Im not sure how anyone could be so careless towards their only child. I apologize for getting off subject.

I cried at the end of Tron:Legacy.

fatt_tony_13

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
The only way I get to talk to him is if I go to where he works, he says "Hi, how are you?"  I say "Good, you?" He says "Busy." and goes back to work.

He works at a home improvement store. Im sure he is busy, I have asked him several times to let me take him out for dinner or meet me for lunch. He refuses claiming to have a lot to do. Im not sure how you can be so busy that you cant make time for your son and granddaughter though.

jona816

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 03:35:04 PM »
Yes, that is odd. It's hard to get my father to do anything with us. I mean he tries sometimes but it is clear that he would rather be elsewhere.

The only way I get to talk to him is if I go to where he works, he says "Hi, how are you?"  I say "Good, you?" He says "Busy." and goes back to work.

He works at a home improvement store. Im sure he is busy, I have asked him several times to let me take him out for dinner or meet me for lunch. He refuses claiming to have a lot to do. Im not sure how you can be so busy that you cant make time for your son and granddaughter though.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution