Author Topic: How do song's affect our children?  (Read 1439 times)

Gobigorgohome14

How do song's affect our children?
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »
Recently it has came to my attention how much music affect our kids influence and attitude.My eldest son Zack has been listening to Eminem's less graphic song's which I'm OK with, but lately he has been acting up. I snooped around his phone and realized he has all these horrible songs. In one Eminem says he has a geribal in his butt or something. Can you imagine what this type of stuff does to our kids, especially with how much music they listen to now-a-days. What is your opinion, i know music is everything to children, but i don't feel rap is a very good genre at this point.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
Re: How do song's affect our children?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
Every genre has problems.  Rock, metal, rap, even country.  They've all got plenty of songs with terrible messages.  I don't think you can blame the music, though.  More likely it's the friends of his that introduced him to that music and he hangs out with and wants to emulate or impress.

I've never listened to music and felt the urge to rebel, do blow, smack da bit*hes, or anything else.  My acting out came from the behavior I saw in my friends.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »
I agree with Keet as well.   But, your the dad and if you don't want him listening to it, then he shouldn't listen to it.   You have your reasons and on this matter, you and I both agree.

There is another active thread here that is almost the same thing.    Check out this thread and tell us what you think.    http://www.daddyplace.com/index.php?topic=17314

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Gobigorgohome14

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
Every genre has problems.  Rock, metal, rap, even country.  They've all got plenty of songs with terrible messages.  I don't think you can blame the music, though.  More likely it's the friends of his that introduced him to that music and he hangs out with and wants to emulate or impress.

I've never listened to music and felt the urge to rebel, do blow, smack da bit*hes, or anything else.  My acting out came from the behavior I saw in my friends.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just noticed both of your names are Keith, unless my eyes are deceiving me, haha. Anyways i totally agree with you now that i think about it. I wasn't thinking about it, but it makes total since. I remember when i was younger i lifted weights everyday, and wore a lot of Tapout clothes, later i was the physical trainer of my brothers, and 2 of the 3 wore tapout clothes more than me.

Offline Quagmire

• No, spanking is not wrong. I like it once a day!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
How do song's affect our children?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24:40 PM »
Not sure. Back when I was a kid, I had a bunch of the stuff by 2 live crew (actually I still do). But despite listening to that, I'm not disrespectful towards women or anything. I listened to Marilyn Manson, but I've never been emo or done any drugs. I have some Sinatra, but I can't dance for s**t, and I can listen to Quiet Riot's "cum on feel the noise" at a reasonable volume.

I had good parents who instilled decent values in me. I think that if you lead by example, they'll follow-despite the music. At least I hope so, as I don't want to have to be a stickler about what my kids listen to when they're a few years older...

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution