Author Topic: Refurbished 360  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
Refurbished 360
« on: March 02, 2012, 04:23:14 AM »
Well it finally happened to me. After nearly five years my xbox360 red ringed, giving me three red lights. I checked and the warranty is well expired. It would cost $99.99 to have Microsoft fix it. I went to Gamestop and bought a refurbished 360 for $149. It doesn't have a hard drive, but I just swapped it over from my old unit.

We can't really afford it, and am still second guessing it, but I used part of our refund for it. We use the xbox a lot! It is basically our entertainment since we have no cable. We use it for gaming of course, but we also use it for Netflix, Zune, and YouTube for entertainment.

There is no way in heck we could have swung a new one, so I think this was out best option.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Refurbished 360
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
Sounds like you did the right thing.   I know there is alot of talk about 360's red ringing.  But to be honest with you, we own 2 360's.  I have had mine since the day it came out and the boys have had their xbox since about a year after it came out.   Mine and my boys have red ringed one time each.  We paid the $99 both times and everything has been fine since.  We are happy with the service that we have gotten out of our xbox's.    It really does so much, it's hard to say that it broke and we aren't fixing it.    LOL

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

AM Woody

Refurbished 360
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
Amazon has a sale going with the new black console for $180 plus a $25 credit.  $30 more bucks and you could have gotten the newest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
Re: Refurbished 360
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
Amazon has a sale going with the new black console for $180 plus a $25 credit.  $30 more bucks and you could have gotten the newest version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you tell me!! ~o)

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution