Author Topic: new xbox360 hack going around FYI involving FIFA 2012  (Read 1976 times)

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
new xbox360 hack going around FYI involving FIFA 2012
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
just wanted to give a heads up about what is the new hack on xboxlive.
I noticed the other night while checking out the xbox rewards page that 160 MS points had been deposited into my account, which would have brought me up to a little over 2100 ms points in the account. Get on the xbox to find 30 points, 3 fifa achievements and a long transaction history that happened a couple minutes previous. I recovered my gamettag, changed my password and email associated with the account and most importantly turned off auto log on.

made the dreaded call to the service people at MS and was told that this was my fault either through a phishing scam or that i was sharing my account to boost my gamer score :banghead:

I asked the rep if he knew that most usermanes could be recovered and used on any 360, he said he wasn't aware of that. then i ran him through the process of how this is happening to people and again infomed him that i have never played any FIFA game on my console let alone bought DLC for it.

it's been sent to investigations and my account is locked down so i cant use it. I was told it would take 3 days to resolve but i am at 4 days now and getting mad that instead of playing through prestige levels on MW3 I am playing through my sons account which started at level 6and is now sitting at level 13.

so if anyone takes anything away from this post it should be that if you have never played FIFA 2012 and you have achievements for it or it is listed in your recently played games list you have been hacked and should change your info and make sure you are not auto signing in with your account.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
Re: new xbox360 hack going around FYI involving FIFA 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
This happened to a buddy that doesn't play FIFA.  Xbox is refusing to come forward and state it's a vulnerability.

When I was sent to investigations, it took 4 months to get my live account back.  Complain and they'll give you gold to use on a temporary gamertag, though it's not solving the problem.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

AM Woody

new xbox360 hack going around FYI involving FIFA 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
This isn't really a new thing.  It's been happening since the release if FIFA12.  They say if your password is complicated enough, it souls never happen to you.  By complicated, the mean some capital letter and numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline spddrcr

• Big Daddy Hero
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
the problem is, if you have your account set to auto log on the hacker doesn't need to know your password. they recover your account and it auto logs them in where they can change your password and steal your info.
my passwords change every month on anything that has private info / banking details involved, there's no way someone hacked my password and im old enough to know better to give it out via paid boosting and the like.

AM Woody

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
I haven't recovered my account in a while, but doesn't it require you to put in your password before it lets you do that?  I could have swore it did.

Offline spddrcr

• Big Daddy Hero
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »
it used to require a password, but i tried recovering to a friends account with the auto login turned on and it didn't ask for a password.
I got the issue taken care of though in about 3 days. all MSpoints  refunded and all is good except the 3 fifa achievements i cant get rid of.

Offline spddrcr

• Big Daddy Hero
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
little late on replying to this but the account took about 3 days to sort out and i was sent an email with 2 codes for the points i had lost and directions on how to change the password and live id i was using, both of which had already been done.

Offline JacksDaddy

• The last time I saw Kobe was in Denver,CO and we all know what happened there.....Ouch
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
  • My baby girl
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Ryan
  • Xbox Gamertag: ChillSuperfly
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:41:29 PM »
I got hacked a few months back.  What a pain in the ass it was, but Microsoft got my account back within about 3 or 4 days actually.  But yeah, it was some d-bag playing Fifa.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution