Author Topic: hey knowledgable scout dads i need some help.  (Read 1606 times)

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
hey knowledgable scout dads i need some help.
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
Ok so my older son is 10 and is in boy scouts now and is working his way up to tenderfoot. My question is how do people afford to pay for scouts? It seems for him to go to most of the events it would cost a small fortune. we were originally told there was an assistance program then told there was not and am now being told again there is. Jackson does have an account where he does the regular fundraisers where he does earn money for the troop and a percentage goes to the account but how many family and friends can we alienate  with fundraising?
I have found other troops in the area that cost far less for activities and dues, sorry for ranting but i want my kid to do the best he can in scout after already devoting all the time he has ranking through the various stages of cub scouts. We were told first thing that money should never be a barrier for scouting and that there were ways to get help but I am coming up short here and it seems the camping trips on Catalina island seem a little extravagant.

any advice guys? :shrug:

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: hey knowledgable scout dads i need some help.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »
Hey Speed.    John (RamblinDad) is the one to ask.   I know he helps out a lot in the cub scouts (his son is in them).

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution