Author Topic: to move or not to move  (Read 2884 times)

Rhino81

to move or not to move
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »
Well let me tell you a little about my situation, I have 2 kids from a previous reletionship and now married with a few step kids and a 1 yr old me and my wife had. I have been thinking a lot about moving to be closer to my dad since he is getting older and no one there besides my stepmother and he lives about a 6 hour drive from were I am at. He is so excited if I get to go out there. My concern is my 2 kids that are here, we are not exactly close I get them every other weekend, there teens now , and seems they don't want to be with me all the time. Now the majority of my family live here but hardly see them seems they don't want to embrace my stepkids part of the family, but my dad considers all of them family and I am so ready to leave this place and move on, any advice, would I be doing wrong by leaving my kids, or doing right trying to make myself a little more happy ?

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: to move or not to move
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
That's a tough call man.   Are you unhappy where you are?  Do you think that if you move will you be happier?   What does your wife think about it?  A lot of questions I know, but it really comes down to what will make you and your wife happier.

If this is what you both really want, then I say move.  Your not leaving your kids behind, your still gonna see them when your supposed to, right?  Your ex and you can meet half way to exchange the kids..

What do you want to do the most?

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution