Author Topic: HELP  (Read 4084 times)

NuDadAdam

HELP
« on: November 03, 2006, 06:10:16 AM »
Hi there, the father of my 3 year old step son is a complete tit and and his favorite pass time is tellin me that he will call the cops if i ever try to discipline "his" son, but my partner often needs me to look after him while she is at her dance class. He is a little darlin but like all kids has his moments when he wont listen to anything you say to him, i used to pick him up and sit him on the chair and tell him not to move but his father says i cant even do that!!! so i need so advice off some more experienced daddy's  :help:

Old Skool 64

Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:01:41 AM »
I would tell him to go ahead and call the cops.The form of discipline that you are using is perfectly acceptable and is no way breaking the law. My wife runs a daycare center and we use this form of punishment all the time, except us yanks call it time-out. For every year the child is old is a minute in time-out, seems to work wonders for most children. As a step father you have every right to discipline the child in this manner and there's nothing legally he can do about it.

NuDadAdam

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 08:23:14 AM »
Thanks for the info mate puts the saying "dnt fear the reaper" in to prospective (thats the guys name 'Grim Reaper')  :LMAO: and no im not joking he changed it that!!!!!

Old Skool 64

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:26 AM »
Thanks for the info mate puts the saying "dnt fear the reaper" in to prospective (thats the guys name 'Grim Reaper')  :LMAO: and no im not joking he changed it that!!!!!

:LMAO:   Ok, that says it all about this guy! He must be a complete idiot. Who in their right mind changes their name to Grim Reaper. Although, that's pretty funny thinking the Grim Reaper needs the cops help to deal with the situation. I can here the phone call now, " Hello officer, this is the Grim Reaper and I need your assistance with my son". That guy would get a knock on the door from the boys with the straight-jacket.   :laugh2:

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »
Yeah, basically the point here is that you have the right to discipline your step-son.  You can't beat him, but putting him in a time-out chair is far from abuse or assault.  If his name truly is Grim Reaper that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  I'd rather change my name to "&" or some other symbol.

NuDadAdam

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 10:41:47 AM »
That would be the funniest phone call to the cops in history  :LMAO: the guy is bout 5ft and a skinny as a rake which makes it worse lol

Offline firedad

• Daddy
  • Liked: 4
  • Living the Dream...
    • Tom Price Weather Centre
  • Children?: 3
  • First Name?: Chris
  • Xbox Gamertag: TP Fire 1
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »
Mate, just be careful. I used to live in UK. 

We're all on the same song sheet here in DP but at the end of the day we're not there.

Offline Jim

• NOTHING GREATER THAN A GATOR!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • DP. Best damn site ever.
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
Like they said above, NOTHING wrong or unlawful about "Time out" chairs and as a stepparent, you have the right to discipline him.
I say just ignore "Mr. Reaper"   ( :LMAO: ) and let him do what he thinks he must. In the end, he will look like the ass that he is.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »
Wow... looks like the father of your step son is a real knob. You definitely have the right to discipline with time outs. How are you supposed to keep him safe if he will not listen to you? Good luck!

DadToMany

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »
I agree, you have every right to discipline any child you're in charge of looking after in that way.  Its not cruel or unusual.  Of course talk it over with your partner and make sure she knows everything thats happening, as long as she is ok with how you're disciplining her son, then you're in the clear.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:53:40 PM by DadToMany »

Jman

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 02:01:42 PM »
Well I can tell you that I am that same kind of father but I do know from being a police officer that there isnt a thing that can be done for making him sit in a chair as for a time out I would just tell him go for it call them. I know he is only trying to protect his child but at the same time he is making waves for you and his ex. I did this for a long time and to a point still do but I have told my ex that with her b/f me knowing his past felony record I do have some control but I dont go over board when my kids are there and they do get into trouble as kids do I want him to take care of it except for the spanking part that is to be done by their mother.

Stryker_rulz07

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 06:26:49 AM »
The name thing just proves he has issues.  I had this same problem with my ex-wife and her little girl.
I tried to have my wife at the time talk to him, and even gave her three chances.  Then when it continued
I went over to his house (lived with parents) and adjusted his attitude "my way".  We had a good "talk" and he never said a word to me again. 
PM me if you want details, they are not pretty.

Have you tried telling him he is a tit?

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 01:17:29 PM »
Whatever happened Adam?

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution