Author Topic: Study Links Explosions to Brain Disease in Military Vets  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Study Links Explosions to Brain Disease in Military Vets
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Interesting research linking proximity to detonated explosives with chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).

http://www.bu.edu/bostonia/web/explosions-brain/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=buniversefb

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
Re: Study Links Explosions to Brain Disease in Military Vets
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
Interesting article Fro. Like they said now the hard part is coming up with a solution. I know they said head immobilization negates the problem, but in combat the side effect of head immobilization could be more deadly than the trauma. Everything is a plus and a minus. I can see helmets similar to football or nascar helmets with the padded ring around the base to the shoulders, but visibility and maneuverability suffer from those things.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
The problem is... There is no easy fix. Heck, I don't even think there's a tough fix! I love and support this Nation and I am proud to serve it but when you keep your soldiers in and out of war for over 10 years straight, bad things will result...

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 11:26:48 PM »
Interesting article Fro. Like they said now the hard part is coming up with a solution. I know they said head immobilization negates the problem, but in combat the side effect of head immobilization could be more deadly than the trauma. Everything is a plus and a minus. I can see helmets similar to football or nascar helmets with the padded ring around the base to the shoulders, but visibility and maneuverability suffer from those things.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Th more protection we put on, the more vulnerable we are.  There comes a point when it is too much, and too cumbersome, that it will end up resulting in more bad then good.  Wearing head immobilization agents, and more body armor just weighs a guy down, which means he Is slower and more vulnerable

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution