Author Topic: Propecia's Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Propecia's Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
For Some Men, Propecia's Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting

Kevin Malley was almost 30, and he was starting to lose his hair. He went to his doctor to see if there was a way to keep from going bald, and his doctor prescribed Propecia.

"I looked young for my age, so I wanted to hold off my hair loss for a little bit," Malley said. "I didn't plan on taking Propecia for more than a year."

Malley started taking the drug in May 2011, and by October he was completely impotent and had no sex drive whatsoever. His body changed, even his genitals shrank, and he slipped into a mental fog that he just couldn't clear. His doctor told him the side effects would go away if he stopped taking the drug, so he did. But nothing changed.

"I kept expecting the side effects to go away, but they did not, they only got worse," he said.

Read more at: http://gma.yahoo.com/men-propecias-sexual-side-effects-may-long-lasting-215732153--abc-news-wellness.html

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Propecia's Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »
That's sad to read! 

I don't understand why doctor's don't tell people of the possible side effects.  Anytime I am prescribed a drug I always ask and if I don't like what I hear, I ask for something else.

Good thing for me I don't care about my hair loss.  It bothered me in the very beginning and I used Rogaine for about a year and my hair grew back, but it cost a lot so I said screw it.  I have never cared since.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • First Name?: Keith
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
Re: Propecia's Sexual Side Effects May Be Long-lasting
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:16:03 AM »
So sad to hear about this.  Disclosure of information is always nice

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution