Author Topic: Presidential Election 2012  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Presidential Election 2012
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:34:21 AM »
Well, it's getting to be that time again.  Time to vote for our next president.

As you know, there are really only 2 to vote for, yes there will be more on the ballot, but do they really have a chance?

Are you gonna vote to keep Obama or vote for Romney and hope that things change?  I won't put my views in this post but will reply on it later on.

So, let the comments start rolling in and please remember let's keep it clean and nice.  We all have our views and feelings on the subject, let's respect those.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
Re: Presidential Election 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
I simply can not vote for Obama. I was skeptical when he was elected but wanted to give him a chance.  I was worried that he was elected on a speech he gave at the Dem National Convention and a catchy slogan "Hope and Change".  Things really haven't improved under his leadership and if anything the change is a greater divide between parties.

On the other hand, I am finding it very hard to justify voting for Romney.  I just can't believe he is the best the GOP can come up with.

So I guess to answer your question, Obama no / Romney a very hesitant maybe.  Once one of them actually talks about an issue instead of what a rotten person the other one is maybe I'll have a change of heart.

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »
I totally agree Randy!   I just can't vote for Obama.  I don't want 4 more years of his change.  LOL   I'm not a Romney fan either, but I would be willing to give him a chance.

I was hoping Ron Paul would get selected, but he is "over the top", but I believe that's what we really need at this point.  But that's just my opinion.   Heck, if you guys can remember Ross Perot, I would vote for him now.   :LMAO: 

I'm really curious how other dads feel on this.  I can't wait to read what everyone posts.

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »
Disclaimer: After typing and editing a few times, I'm not sure I've stated what I really feel about it, but to hell with it, posting

I just can't vote for Romney.  To start, he's against same sex marriage, adamant because it's in the bible as a sin.  I just don't feel it's ok to elect someone who's against such a fundamental right, especially when it's in a book specific to something he believes (If it's in the book you believe, that means YOU don't do it, it doesn't mean you prevent others from doing it). 

Also...the guy's mormon.  They didn't allow black priests until 1978 and women still aren't allowed to be.  "Behind the curve" doesn't even begin to describe how absurd that is .  How backward is this from where we've fought so hard to get to?  And seriously...they believe Jesus and God have physical bodies, and the planet Kolob is where they'll live in eternity.

Finally - Romney's tax plan gives a tax break to the wealthy:
Taxpayers making more than $1 million would receive an average cut of $87,000; those under $200,000 would pay an average $500 more

The statement is that the rich create jobs, so we need to protect the rich.  But this isn't the case (Nick Hanauer's other videos on YouTube are pretty awesome).
The Rich Don't Create Jobs

To summarize, I don't really like most of what Obama has done, but Romney scares the shit out of me. 

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
I agree with you Keet on many of those points about Romney.  Though I really don't think about what his religion is.  But I think he has and that's why it hasn't really been a factor in anything he's said from what I've heard.  I think he has been downplaying it on purpose.

I don't really care what anyones religion is as long as they don't govern by it. Like you said YOU don't do it don't tell others to. I personally think that some exposure to religion is a good thing. 

Romney doesn't scare the shit out of me but I don't think much will change if he is elected.

For once I'd like to have a candidate who is inspirational

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
I agree with both of you.  But someone has to be elected.  LOL   

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:30:10 PM »
Vote for Pedro.  He will make all your dreams come true

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 05:26:13 PM »
He's been downplaying his religion on purpose.  Mormons are trusted almost as little as atheists.  In fact, most Christian religions consider them a cult more than another christian religion.

Exposure to religion is good on an academic level, but not in any way that could drive policy or laws (Look at Muslim countries where religion does influence law).

I tend to think there's little opportunity for Obama to do any worse for this country than was done this first term, and I don't think anyone would say Obama got the health care he'd hoped for (that anyone would hope for - and keep in mind, its framework was written by equal parts republicans and democrats...you can't say "universal healthcare is Obama's fault" without pointing fingers at who wrote it as well).

When a train is heading downhill without brakes, it doesn't matter who you put at the wheel, it's still going down.

wes

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
There is always a "lesser of two evils", but in this election that isn't the case.  I don't believe mittens can do a better job than nobama.  Neither one seems to care about getting the country back on track.   This country is so far gone that its gonna take longer than one term or two to even get us headed in the right direction.  I've been wanting to trust Obama from the beginning of his term but he just hasn't delivered.  I think it's safe to say that we're screwed either way.  :-\

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
I'm tired of the lesser of 2 evils

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
I think everyone is Randy.   I'm beginning to believe that we as citizens don't even have a voice anymore.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Don't Panic!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
We as citizens allow it.  And we keep voting in the same asshats into Congress over and over.  Congress has an approval rating about 10%..yet we vote them back in! 
What's the definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
I am 110% against Obama. However I'm only 40% FOR Romney at this point. The political ad's or news clips about them don't help matters at all. It seems to be Obama doing nothing but bashing Romney and then Romney either returning the favor or calling the ad's blatant lies...

wes

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
I agree Randy.  Where's Reagan when you need him?

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »
Aaaaan Romney's pick for VP?  Paul Ryan

1 - According to Harvard economist Jeffrey Liebman, based on Mitt Romney’s own projections on the impact of deep spending cuts on the economy, Paul Ryan’s "Top Down" budget plan could cost the U.S. more than 1 million jobs. (full disclosure - I haven't researched how big of a swag that "1 million jobs" number is, but even a loss of 100,000 more is too much at this point)

2 - Paul Ryan’s extreme budget includes a tax “reform” plan that would make the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy permanent, and give millionaires an additional tax cut worth over $250,000 a year.  Ryan would cut or eliminate middle-class tax deductions like mortgage interest, charitable contributions, and health premiums.

3 - To pay for tax cuts for the wealthiest, Paul Ryan would gut investments critical to middle-class security.  This includes cutting Pell Grant scholarships for nearly 10 million students, cutting clean energy investments by 19%, and slowing scientific and medical research by eliminating tens of thousands of grants.

4 - Paul Ryan’s extreme budget would end Medicare as we know it, turning it into a voucher program which would increase seniors’ health costs by $6,350 a year. Ryan has also proposed a plan that would have privatized Social Security, subjecting seniors’ retirement security to the whims of the stock market.

5 - Ryan cosponsored a bill that could ban in-vitro fertilization, as well as many common forms of birth control, including the pill. It could also ban all abortions, even in cases of rape or incest. He supported letting states prosecute women who have abortions and doctors who perform them.  Ryan voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which helps women fight for equal pay for equal work. He voted against repealing the discriminatory policy of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” and supports writing discrimination into the Constitution by amending it to ban gay marriage.

If I needed another reason not to vote for Romney, I didn't need to look far.  This is a train wreck of an option.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution