Author Topic: Electronic Cigarettes  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 13
    • Longitude 111
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Rob
Electronic Cigarettes
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Okay so I know there is a 'stop smoking' thread but this is tailored a little differently. If anybody wants to know more about e-cigs let me know. I used to smoke a pack and half a day and I haven't had a cigarette in months now! I've managed to convert over 20 people to ecigs and get them to stop smoking.
My Geocaching blog: http://www.longitude111.com

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Electronic Cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
That's GREAT Rob.   Please tell me more, I would love to learn more about them. 
What are the pros and cons to them?

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »
Great job Rob!  My brother uses one also

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:41:14 AM »
Vaping quite simply is the inhalation of vapor by usually through an electronic cigarette.  When you smoke you are smoking because you inhale something that is on fire.  Vaping is NOT smoking! 
Vaping an electronic cigarette does not burn anything, you inhale vapor created through an electrical heating process powered by a battery.  The vapor itself is similar to the smoke that comes from smoke machines, or from some types of model trains that have "steam" coming from them. Electronic cigarettes or eCigarettes take the vapor and mix it with nicotine to be inhaled directly to the lungs just like a cigarette.  This process is called vaping.

The devices themselves can go by many names including: Electronic Cigarettes, Personal Vaporizers (PV's), ECIGS, eCigarettes, minifogger, Mods.  Or sometimes by brand names like Chuck, Janty, Blu Volcano, eGo, etc...

FAQ

Does Vaping electronic cigarettes smell?
Yes, there is an odor in the vapor.  It is nowhere near cigarette smoke, nor does it linger like tobacco smoke.  You can be vaping in a cardboard box all day and if someone smells your clothes they won't detect it. The odor that comes from vaping 9 times out of 10 is usually very pleasing and smells like the flavor of the juice they are vaping, rather than burnt garbage like cigarettes.

Does it feel like your taking a drag?
Yes, you feel a "throat hit".  It isn't as strong as cigarette smoke, but it feels like you are smoking something. This is not just sucking on a hollow tube. The throat hit varies with higher levels of nicotine as well as different PV's, batteries, etc.

Is it expensive?
It depends where you shop!  Some sites offer a starter kit for only $40 (shop around!).  You then need to purchase some cartomizers, atomizers, or cartridges (depending on your type of PV) these are usually only about $5 for 5.

What are "Juices"?
Juice or e-juice, is the flavor that is placed into your cartomizers/atomizers. They are made 2 ways - Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerine (VG). It all really depends on what you want, some juices have a PG/VG mix. SOME people are actually allergic to PG, and VG creates a better vapor. There are hundreds, if not, thousands of flavors of juices out there available on the internet and local stores. Anything you could imagine from coffee, to fruity pebbles, to bacon, to your usual tobacco flavors and everything in between. They usually come in 3ml, 5ml, 10ml and so forth all the way up to a gallon if you so desire!

I also have a MASSIVE list of online vendors and there are more and more local shops every day. I am not talking about "Green Nicotine" or "Blu Cigs" those arent 'real' electronic cigarettes.. and are very ineffective.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »
What would you recommend then to someone that smokes, let's say Marlboros?

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
Marlboro Reds (aka cowboy killers) have one of the highest nicotine amount (Nic mg) than most any other cigarette. Depending on how much you smoke. There is a whole array of cigar and cigarette flavors if you actually enjoy that.

Hell, the first flavor that got me into 'vaping' was one called Havanna Gold, which was a cigar flavor. I prefer more fruity and pastry flavors now. Keith, what city/state are you in?

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
I live in Knoxville, Tennessee.   
What sites do you reccomend for someone to get a electronic cigarette?

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
Look around there is sure to be a local shop. If you want to start small go with an ego kit. Usually comes with two batteries a charger and some cartomizers. I can look up a few sites and find you a good starter kit. You do have to spend a bit in the beginning but in the end saves not only your money but your lungs and other health too. Plus a small bottle of juice is around $5 and can last you a month.

You won't stink like cigarettes, no yellowing of the teeth, no yellow fingernails, your sense of smell and taste will come back. Plus 99.99% of restaurants and bars and stores don't care if you vape inside.

Gimme a bit as I'm at work to pull up a site or two.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
Okay Keith, here are a few options. One is cheaper and the other is a bit more BUT it's variable voltage. Meaning the higher the voltage the more "heat" produced. I vape between 3.7v and 4.0v. Any higher and it's too hot for me. Some like it up at like 6.0v!

http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=604 this one is only 3.7v but works great. I started with this very kit. This one is 650mAH which is decent battery life about a few days.

http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2185 this one costs more but is variable voltage from 3v to 6v. I also is 2200mAH which is a longer battery life

Regardless which one make sure you pick up http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2800 ( you can browse the site and pick whatever color you want)

Lastly pick out some juice. Either this site or I can give you other suggestions. If you smoke a TON a day I'd say 24-36mg nicotine. If you smoke just a few a day try 8-18mg nic. You can adjust them as you need and even ween yourself down to 0 nic. If you need more info lemme know.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »
Thanks Rob.   I'm looking into them now.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
CRAP almost forgot you need to get the adapter http://freedomsmokeusa.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=2479 it is what attaches the battery to the tank

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 09:35:05 PM »
I'm thinking of stopping by a local store and asking as well because there seems to be a lot of stuff that you have to get to make it all work.   I'll tell you how it goes after I check them out.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »
im opening an ecig store online. Its pretty much ready to go.. just have to wait until i get to korea and order my stock. site is www.standardissuevapes.com

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 08:12:12 PM »
That's really cool Rob!    I still haven't had time to look for one yet.   Maybe I can wait and see what all you have when you get your site up and running.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
    • Longitude 111
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
It wont be fully 'open' until Q1 2013 and Ill have some starter kits for a really good deal, plus military and DP members get a discount  :biggrin:

The main product will be custom flavored juice I make so Ill have all that.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution