Author Topic: wife with big polar  (Read 1923 times)

Heimdallt

wife with big polar
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
I have three kids with my wife in the last year she has shown clear signs of big polar/manic depression. On top of that her parents have huge record of mental health issues. My wife refuses to take medicine. But during the highs she mentions getting help but then gets scared. I have gone to doctor for medicine to level off my moods. Pissed don't know what to do its been very difficult.

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
Re: wife with big polar
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:53:45 PM »
Tough situation man.  It's almost a "horse to water" scenario, where you can demonstrate the signs, discuss your concerns and such, but ultimately, if she wants to get help, she may need to ask for it herself.

Hang in there

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that man.  I know how it can be to handle things like that.   But I agree with Keet, she has to want to get help on her own and once she does then things will hopefully improve. 
Wishing you luck man!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »
I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.  My wife suffered from post partum so maybe it's similar.  But it took her finally realizing the way she was feeling just wasn't normal.  She went to a Dr and I went with her to support her.  Give her love and support.  I know sometimes it can get difficult

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

tigershark99

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 04:04:42 PM »
I'm sorry your going through this.  It has helped my wife out a lot. She always thought it would be a stigma against her.  Good luck.

Offline ONEBIGDADDY

• Daddy Jr.
  • Liked: 6
  • Be Patience in Time...OBD
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
I have an employee who has an issue. His wife is going through the loss of a child and is in post pardum depression spell check that. He left his place...she calls him back...she crys....she wants nothing then he can leave....he doesn't know what to do. I finally told him to stand up to his wife in a loving but stern way and tell his wife that she can't paint herself into a corner telling all her immediate support group (her family and mainly her best friend...him) that she doesn't want or need anyone's help. You have to be patience but firm and get help but use wisdom and love with understanding and knowledge. If you don't use kitten gloves your in for a long haul on the emotional roller coaster...jmho...OBD

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution