Author Topic: Texas Wills  (Read 1925 times)

DP_Poster

Texas Wills
« on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:37 AM »
     When it comes to my children, I want to be sure they are taken care of. A Texas last will and testament attorney advised me to make a will so that my belongings would be divided equally. I looked online and found all of the forms that I would need. It was easy to complete the forms, and all I had to do was file the will with my local court. The documents are accepted by every court in the state of Texas. I liked the fact that I did not have to go into an office to talk with an attorney in order to make my will.
     One of the things that I learned from this company is that it does not matter how my belongings are divided. There were sample forms to look over to determine how everything needed to be worded to make the will as legal and as simple as possible. The fees were very affordable, and the customer service was great. The site is protected by McAfee, and the company has received top reviews by customers in the Better Business Bureau.  I am glad that I was able to take care of something so important to my family, and I have recommended this service to others.

Offline Fleury

• "Right Turn Clide"
  • Daddy Sr.
  • Liked: 22
  • Laid Back and Relaxed!! oh ya, and Competative
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Brad
  • Xbox Gamertag: Jig72x
Re: Texas Wills
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:21:38 AM »
Hmmm I wonder if there is anything like this up here?
"There is only one way to settle this, "Chinese Downhill

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
Its always worth a look.  Try googleing your state and last will and testament.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
Definitely get a will if you don't have one.  Sucks doing it and somewhat depressing but very important

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

TrekkerDad

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
A will is definitely a must. Here in Texas, if you die without one, your estate is divided equally among your survivors. It can get interesting. I'm a genealogist and I consulted professionally for probate courts until a couple of years ago. My first case actually pertained to the estate of my great aunt. I didn't want to take it, since I was a heir-at-law, but the lawyer had been told by several family members about my work, and the court petitioned me for six months until I agreed.\

It should have been clear-cut. My great aunt and her disabled son lived together. Her wil left everything to him and his will left everything to her. No problem, right? Nope - problem. He died. Six months later, six months later - while she was in the hospital and was incapable of rewriting her will. The wills ended up essentially negating each other. Long story short, the law says his estate would be wrapped into hers, then hers would go to her parents (deceased), then her siblings (deceased), then her grandparents (deceased), then her aunts and uncles (deceased), then her aunts and uncles children (many deceased). That's where I had to come in. I have a really big family, and her grandfather (my great grandfather) had married twice (once to his daughter's sister-in-law) and had eight kids. I ended up being one of 54 heirs-at-law. My report to the court took 500 freaking pages.

All because my great aunt and my second cousin had recorded a single heir each and they each died close together.

Make a detailed will and have all of your desired heirs listed out.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution