Author Topic: Holiday Season 2012 (Merry Christmas)  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Holiday Season 2012 (Merry Christmas)
« on: December 24, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
I would like to take this time to wish each and every member a very happy and safe Holiday Season.  Things can be stressful during this season so I wish you all the best.   Please have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!  Take some time and tell us what your thankful for and what means the most to you.
I am very thankful for all of you and the only wish I have to that daddyplace has it's best and most active year ever in 2013.  I hope that you guys can find some time to visit everyday and post about whatever is on your mind.  I would really like to see the activity increase as I'm sure you all do as well.   Please take the time to talk about us and share our links on every forum and website you visit.  That is the single most best way to get activity up here.
Like I said, I am Thankful for each and everyone of you.  Please have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season.  Share the joy and tell your family you love them!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
Re: Holiday Season 2012 (Merry Christmas)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:05:54 AM »
This year is a little different for us.  My boys go to spend Christmas eve night and Christmas Day morning with their Bio mom.  So we had Santa and exchanged gifts this morning on Christmas Eve.   It is really upsetting when the boys aren't here on Christmas morning, but we manage through it, we just do it one day early.  Actually, my daughter wanted to do it because she wanted to open presents with her bothers here.  It's the very rare moments like that when I love being a parent.   Even though my kids argue and fuss and fight, they love each other.  It's hard to see at times, but it's there.  :)
Merry Christmas guys.   Please be careful and have a GREAT Holiday Season!  May many Blessings come your way!

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

mrsilent42o

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
Merry Xmas Keith i bet it was a little different an upsetting but atleast u got time with them an did what u guys did..hope u guys have a great day...

im greatful this holiday as i have my wife an daughter  had amazing xmas seeing her face open her gifts an the yell of excitment was awesome...my oldest daughter who not with me will be around come tomorrow an get to see her for a week so im excited since only time all year i get to see her...

hope all you fathers have an awesome day with your families... :up:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:20:52 PM by mrsilent42o »

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
Sounds like you had a great day and a great upcoming week!   :)    Have fun and it enjoy it.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 11:25:26 PM »
Merry Christmas guys.  I hope everyone's Christmas has been great.  Mine was good, got to spend it with family in PA and SC.  Another week and a half and I am back at work.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »
Merry Christmas!

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
Better late than never. Merry Christmas fellow DP Dads. It was a relaxing Christmas for us. I got some bad news during the week before the holiday....kept it inside so the wife and kid so I wouldn't damper their holiday. But that's a different area. Have a merry rest of the year everyone

:up:

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
Pat thinks he was late! Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it was good for all of you. Ours was/is pretty good.

I took some money from my 401(k) and payed off a bunch of debt to stay afloat and used some for Christmas, so we actually got some gifts this year. I really didn't want to take from my retirement because that's pretty much all I will have when I retire, and I also didn't want to lose 10% in penalties to uncle sam. The good news is I reduced my monthly out go by about $1000 a month and that will be a blessing in and of its self.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 05:02:09 PM »
Pat thinks he was late! Merry Christmas everyone. I hope it was good for all of you. Ours was/is pretty good.

I took some money from my 401(k) and payed off a bunch of debt to stay afloat and used some for Christmas, so we actually got some gifts this year. I really didn't want to take from my retirement because that's pretty much all I will have when I retire, and I also didn't want to lose 10% in penalties to uncle sam. The good news is I reduced my monthly out go by about $1000 a month and that will be a blessing in and of its self.

Did you take a loan out on your 401K or just take money out?   I have a loan on mine right now and pay myself back interest.  I'm a firm believer in borrowing on your on 401K. 

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »

Did you take a loan out on your 401K or just take money out?   I have a loan on mine right now and pay myself back interest.  I'm a firm believer in borrowing on your on 401K.

I couldn't borrow on it for two reasons. One I no longer work for the company that originated my 401(k), and two the amount was too high. Unless I payed over ten years, I would have been in the same boat as I was, better but still too much outgo and not enough income. I thought of rolling it over to my current employer (State of Nevada) first, but they do not allow loans, so it was faster to take a disbursement first and then I will roll it over later. So not only do I get to pay the taxes on it, but I get to pay the penalty. Fortunately it did not change my tax bracket so my taxes did not go up overall. Just what I owe for the disbursement plus the 10% penalty. It was this or lose it completely financially.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
I understand completly.  Glad your in alittle bit better situation.   At least Jeremy will take care of you guys when you get old.   :)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
I understand completly.  Glad your in alittle bit better situation.   At least Jeremy will take care of you guys when you get old.   :)

:LMAO2:  :rollinglaugh:  :LMAO2:

You funny guy.... you quack me up.