Author Topic: No more Tuition Assitance for AD Military!  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 13
    • Longitude 111
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Rob
No more Tuition Assitance for AD Military!
« on: March 12, 2013, 12:49:33 AM »
Just got the email that for most of the branches TA has been "suspended" until the budget gets "fixed"... so its safe to say thats a big NEVER.
My Geocaching blog: http://www.longitude111.com

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
Re: No more Tuition Assitance for AD Military!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
Seems like a convenient "we'll stop this for now to save a few bucks...you'll get it back, honest" kind of move.

Pretty **cking lame if you ask me.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
Seems to me save money on that so he can take more vacations to Hawaii.   :)~
But seriously, it's a damn shame how this country is being run.  I love my country, but hate the current government we have!

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
Its a bad time and a bad move for this.  When i first came in the military, they paid 75% Tuition Assistance.  I was glad when they increased it to 100% a few years later.  Possibly it will come back if some progress is made on 27 March.  Another way to look at it is this:

If you go from 100% back down to 75%, people would be unhappy, as they are now.  Most likely it would stay at that rate.  And save some money.  On the other side if you take 100% to 0%, everyone would be unhappy, then you increase it back to 75% ad voila, everyone is happy, because something is better than nothing.

Do NOT get me wrong, i am p*SSED that they did this, when our elected leaders loose nothing, but i am sure it will come back, especially with all of the bad press it is getting.  Congress is upset that it was taken, my understanding is that the branches took it to save money, not congress mandated.  Congress is now starting to see what their inactivity is causing.  Who knows, maybe it is the wake up call that our "leaders" in Washington need.

Offline Rob

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 13
    • Longitude 111
  • First Name?: Rob
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »
I agree. Though I would be happy even if they just decreased our fiscal cap.. but at the drop of a hat with little to no warning, this sucks. Its a shame too because in order to reach the ranks of E7 and E8 you are REQUIRED to have a degree.. but when they wont pay for it, its down to you "buying you're rank" now.. if I paid for my education so I could move up in rank what the hell is the point?

I am seriously looking at getting out. There are much better jobs on the outside I could get into with having a security clearance and with the skills I have now.
My Geocaching blog: http://www.longitude111.com

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
warning would have been nice, as far as the requirement, plenty get promoted to E7/8 without it.  It is just harder.  It is not a requirement, just desirable.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM »
bunch of bullshit

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
it's a damn shame how this country is being run.  I love my country, but hate the current government we have!
amen

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 11:56:56 PM »
I was shocked and appalled by this move. Same as the rest of you. However, what angers me that much more is that Congress is swearing to ban the military from doing this. REALLY!? It happened because YOU (Congress) FAILED. How dare you presume to tell our leadership that you are cutting their budget almost immediately and then tell them which non-essential programs they are banned from cutting (even temporarily). Honestly, this is the least of my concerns right now. As a National Guard DOD Federal Employee, I'm facing 22 weeks of furlough. Basically, my 40 hour work weeks will be cut down to 32 hours. That's a 20% drop to my income, which won't be easy for my family or those of the other 800K DOD Civilians this will affect....

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • I'm back, again.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »
I agree this is congresses fault and now they want to say what programs can and can not be cut be use of their lack of trying to get a resolution.  Bastards.  Sorry to hear about your job Jessie, hope something gets fixed son for you and your family.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution