Poll

No revision no Prom?

That's fair - No prom
Let her go Prom

Author Topic: No revision, no Prom..Fair?  (Read 2517 times)

invisibledad

No revision, no Prom..Fair?
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:33:30 AM »
I've been with my partner Claire for 2 years, she's good as gold but her daughter 'K' (almost 15) is lazy and spiteful. It's almost time for her to do her exams but she can't be bothered to revise or do a catch up day at school tomorrow whilst they're on a 2 week Easter break.
If I say too much my partner says I'm too strict and that I should just let K fk her life up.
I think if K can't be bothered to do any revision etc why should I have to pay halves with Claire for her to go to her school Prom..fair or am I a little Hitler? My Dad was real strict so maybe I just dunno where to draw the line; I never had kids of my own.

What do you think?

hitekredneck13

Re: No revision, no Prom..Fair?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »
Hi and Welcome.

I think it's fair. Now, let me start off by saying that I was raised by a strict family and I knew the consequences from the start. Strict doesn't mean "no fun".

I was always aware of the fact that if I didn't do "A" then I wouldn't get reward "B". That's what teaches children to be responsible for their actions. The fact that Claire is good as gold to "K" is probably a good reason that K is lazy and spiteful.

Make "K" aware of the consequences for not doing what needs to be done LONG before prom and if it doesn't happen, then stick to your guns. She may be mad for a while but there's 2 things she'll learn from this:
 1) You're not joking around 
 2) How her actions resulted in the outcome

Also, if she misses it... there will be others, she's 14. She has until she's 16 before she finishes her secondary school, then on to A levels.

PS.
You and Claire need to get on the same page when it comes to disciplinary actions, first and foremost. If the two of you can't see eye to eye then the "battle" with K will never work.

-just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:39:09 AM by hitekredneck13 »

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:58 AM »
^ what Sean said. 

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline keetedw

• Nos Audietis!
  • Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 34
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Keet
  • Xbox Gamertag: KeetAK
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »
I agree with Sean, but you're also faced with having to accommodate your partner.  If you've been talking to her about K, but she still thinks K should be able to throw her life away AND go to prom, you're pretty well stuck.

Personally, I agree that bad grades and total lack of effort means you also don't get to do the "fun" stuff, though.

"Some people feel the rain.  Others just get wet" Dylan/Marley

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution