Author Topic: My new ride  (Read 2669 times)

jeremy

My new ride
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:33:50 AM »
I am HUGE w-body enthusiast.  W-body cars are Grand Prix, Cutlass Supremes, Luminas, and Regals.  I sold the Lincoln because it bored me and picked up this. It is a 1990 Grand Prix STE with a factory 5spd.  Although it may not look like much in comparison to the Lincoln, I am SO happy.  It is one of only 300 that were ever produced with a 5spd from the factory.  The tranny was just rebuilt with a new clutch too and the paint is only 4 days old

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: My new ride
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 11:07:01 AM »
That car looks like it was taken pretty good care of too.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

jeremy

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 01:13:44 AM »
I sold this car yesterday....I lost quite a bit of money on it too :(

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 08:50:59 PM »
How and why did you lose so much money on it?

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

jeremy

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:53:11 PM »
it was an electrical nightmare from the 2nd day that I had it....the fuel pump would kick on and off randomly....I was never able to track down the cause of the problem to fix it....so I listed it for sale.   Someone from a forum that I administrate wanted to buy it and we agreed on a price.  He drove 6 hours to come trailer it home.  I started it up just before he arrived and it purred like a kitten.....then I put it in reverse to back into the road to load it onto the trailer, and all was still fine......shifted into 1st gear and all of a sudden the clutch lost all pressure  (most likely because the car has been sitting since February) and the car wouldn't go into gear unless you repeatedly pumped the clutch....in short the clutch needs to be rebuilt/replaced....

after all that we agreed that he would still take the car, but I obviously had to knock a decent amount of money off because of the now blown clutch....

....it is the first used car that I have ever lost money on.....normally I buy them dirt cheap and at least break even on resale, normally I bring in a profit even after driving them for a year or two....

...oh well at least the demon car is gone....

TAZZFANN

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:49:34 AM »
That really sucks man sorry about your ordeal

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution