Author Topic: Just Venting  (Read 3740 times)

Jman

Just Venting
« on: December 03, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »
I was married for eleven years before my now EW decided that she could do better by cheating on me with a man that has a really bad felony record than being with one who works for the county and pays the bills LOL. Well to make a long story short I have two children with her and a stepdaughter that I raised from the time she was seven months old. I have custody of our son and get my daughter every other weekend and when her mother doesn't really want to be bothered by her. But I very seldom see my stepdaughter anymore and I am not really sure why or what to do about it other than let her do her own thing. It does hurt after all we were getting pretty close through the separation and the divorce but after that she just slipped away from me. I did however see her on Thanksgiving but thats it and I really thank it only was because of the fact that her birthday was two days later and she saw just what the other kids had forbirthday parties and wanted the same. But now I thank about it because I let her back in my life and sense then she has not called written or even came over on the weekends that I have her sister.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Just Venting
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
Sounds rough man!  I don't know what legal rights you would have for a stepchild that you helped raise.   Do you talk to her about it?  Does her real father see her at all?

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »
How long has it been since the divorce?

Jman

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »
I tryed to talk to her about it but it seemed to just be water works with her at the time and it was more like she was putting on a show for me just to get some of the things she wanted. This all started Aug of 2005 and at the time I caught my ex with the other man a few times before I left. She gave me custody of our son not but 10 days later at the hospital when he was taken there after being knocked out at his football game she told me in front of him and a Dr. that she was done with him and come get his shit. And get this hes was only 11 at that time. When she filed for the divorce I set up a mediation app. and having gone through the police academy I knew how to get felony records so I had them ready for the meadtor when we were there. Our divorce was done as of July of this year. But whats worse is the fact that she knows about this guy record of Spousal abuse, Child endangerment and now his Rape charge but she is still with the dumb ass. Its more or less like hes more important than her children.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 07:01:21 PM »
We've (me & the wife) have known some couples that have divorced & then the mother gave up their kids because of this same reason. We ended up siding with the dad, because we lost all respect for someone willing to give up their children for the sake of the opposite sex.I don't want to sound prejudice against women, but it seems it's always women going after the bad boy image. Then six months down the road after they've been with their bad boy, they whine about how bad he actual is. Sounds like your ex has a real winner there. I really don't know the legal stand point with your step-daughter, but I would definitely talk to an attorney.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »
You said it was just waterworks when you spoke to her.  I am foggy on which her, the step-daughter or the ex?  I'm going to assume for this post that you mean the SD.

Knowing that she is going to get things being with you is reason enough to put a stop to it.  I'm not saying that you should treat her differently because she isn't really your daughter, I'm saying, stop the cycle of cry to Jman and get stuff.  Let her know that you are willing to have her.  Let her and your ex know that she is welcome there on the weekends when you get your daughter as well.   Make sure to get something for her birthday, but by the same token, it is not your responsibility to throw her a party for it beyond your family if you aren't getting to see her.  I'm sure you're happy to do it, but it seems like it is driving her sense of entitlement up during that time.

Chances are, she'll jump at the chance to be a part of the family again, with or without the hoopla.

*Edit*  I would give this option after the Christmas season, so you know there aren't any ulterior motives.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution