Author Topic: Welcome Back!  (Read 9360 times)

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
Welcome Back!
« on: March 13, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
Welcome Back DP Dad's! If you have been away for a while, this is a great place to let everyone know you are back and to tell us what's new!

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
Re: Welcome Back!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 01:40:20 PM »
As for me.. I have been staying busy with work and the National Guard. Nothing new there but a major adjustment for our family was when my wife returned to the work force. With that, I've had to adjust my work schedule, help out considerably more with house chores, pick Landen up from school every day, etc.. The pleasent surprise was how much I'm enjoying it all! I feel like, by stepping up in the home front, my wife and son appreciate me more and in a way, I appreciate them more as well..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:42:54 PM by Jessie »

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »
Great post Jessie!

As for me.   I have been working constant overtime for almost the last 3 years.   I just recently got a job promotion to Tool Maker (It's a very old profession, look it up and you'll learn more about me.  :) ).    I have been learning new technology at work like Wire EDM.   It uses and electrified wire under water to "burn" out parts.   

I think most of you know that I have 4 children now.   My youngest, Kambria, just turned 3.  I got a vasectomy last August and my balls still ache alittle to this day.   :)    I still live in debt, but things are looking better with a lot of the bills paying off early next year.   I'm still here, still around and I never had the heart to let Daddyplace go.     You see some posts from me that talk about various things and seem like spam, but those posts are what allow DP to still be here.   Please excuse them..   

Can't wait to hear from you all...

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
I can't even remember when my last post here was, but in all honesty not much has changed! My daughter is now 8 years old, and I hit the big 4-0 this Friday. I spent the last 4 years working at home in a virtual school program but this year I'm back in the classroom, teaching 8th grade US History. Still on XBL, but not very often. Will definitely try to be around here more as well!

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »
Frobozz here and reporting for duty.
Just hit the big 5-0 last month, so Matt seems like a kid to me.
Keith, I'm see your vasectomy and raise you a prostate removal. Guys make sure you get your PSA checked yearly when you're 40 or more. Know that number and look for a number that rises too much year over year.
Job is killing me.  Daily start time is 6am. An hour or few of meetings over the phone and then drive in, which is a 1+ hour commute. Tired all the time. But then again, I'm 50!

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 11:09:33 PM »

Keith, I'm see your vasectomy and raise you a prostate removal. Guys make sure you get your PSA checked yearly when you're 40 or more.

My doctor told me that they don't start checking that till your 50.   When I turned 40 I told him that I was ready for it.  His reply was he starts that at 50.   Guess he wasn't ready for me.  :)

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:48 PM »
They caught mine in the blood work at 47, but in retrospect, if my doctor knew what he was looking at, he would have seen it when I was 45.  Based on the size it was when I was 47, they said it started at least 10 years prior. If I had waited until I was 50 for a PSA blood test (and it's just another test run on the tubes of blood they are already taking from you), it probably would have gotten out of the prostate and started affecting other areas and organs. That would have a much more difficult treatment and worse prognosis.

Offline Fleury

• "Right Turn Clide"
  • Daddy Sr.
  • Liked: 22
  • Laid Back and Relaxed!! oh ya, and Competative
  • First Name?: Brad
  • Xbox Gamertag: Jig72x
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:48:10 AM »
Gentlemen. It's been a while. How is everyone?
"There is only one way to settle this, "Chinese Downhill

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 10:35:14 AM »
I don't know if they checked my blood or not..

Welcome back Brad.  How have you been doing?

Offline WVOz1970

• New Dad
  • Liked: 2
  • New to Daddyplace
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
Good morning gents!

Still here, and life is just more hectic.  Oldest is now 14, youngest is 10.  Just finished up coaching both of their basketball leagues and getting ready for soccer season to start for the 10yo.

Puberty is in full swing at the house and the teenage attitude sucks... I just have to keep reminding myself that I was there once and it sucked then too!  LOL!

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:57 AM »
Good morning gents!

Still here, and life is just more hectic.  Oldest is now 14, youngest is 10.  Just finished up coaching both of their basketball leagues and getting ready for soccer season to start for the 10yo.

Puberty is in full swing at the house and the teenage attitude sucks... I just have to keep reminding myself that I was there once and it sucked then too!  LOL!

Great to see you back.    Ah yes, the teenage attitudes.   We have them here too.   My oldest is cocky and knows it all..  Well, at least he thinks he does, then I have to prove him wrong.   It's a game now.   LOL

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »
Gentlemen. It's been a while. How is everyone?

As for me, I've been great! I mean life is just as (if not more) hectic than ever but we're all getting along so well that it's often hard to notice..  :up:

~o)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 07:15:02 PM »
Ramblin, reporting as ordered!

Jeremy is 17 now, has a steady girl that is a sweetheart, though typical of the species she has her swings. I just tell him hold on it gets much worse.  ~o) He is a Junior and has figured out that, "Hey I need to apply myself more in school or my ass isn't getting out of jail in another year!" So much better grades.

We are not doing scouts anymore, but are hard core in Naval Sea Cadets. He is a Petty Officer Third Class, and I am the Executive Officer of his division. He digs the Navy shit, and I climbed right back in the saddle, though as an Orificer. I am the only Navy vet of the adults, so I am educating them as well as the youth in the program, though, in different things.

I am taking the plunge in 11 days and getting WLS (Weight Loss Surgery) done. I am tired of being on the high end of three hundred pounds and am working at getting to the low end of two hundred. For those interested I am having a Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy  done. Big words for smaller stomach and better metabolism. This is not an off the cuff thing, I have been working toward this for the last six months.

Welcome back everyone, and welcome to the newbies.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »
Wow! So much awesomeness John! Condolences..err..Congrats to your boy for getting a steady girl! LOL. Naval Sea Cadets sounds cool, is it similar to JROTC? Also, Good luck on your surgery!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:04:50 PM by Jessie »

Offline Big daddy Eis

• Global Moderator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 50
  • I'm back, again.
  • Children?: Daughters- Quinn (11 yo), Greta (4 yo), Lucy (2yo), Son- William (8 yo)
  • Xbox Gamertag: kde79
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »
Reporting for duty.

Been a long time since i posted.  Lets see if we can get this site back up.  Since my last post...

My oldest child, Quinn, is now 9 years old.  Hard to believe she was a baby when i first posted on here while being deployed to Iraq the first time.  As you all know i had either 1 or 2 more kids by my last post.  Well, God is graciously blessed us with a total of four kids now.  Quinn (9), William (soon to be 7), Greta (2), Lucy (14 months).  I have moved quite a few times since the last post also.  We are now back in North Carolina, where i was when DP started for me.

I am still in the Army (19 years now), and I have also been selected to be promoted to Major.  The promotion would hopefully happen in May.  I am currently away from my family at Fort Gordon, GA going through the retired training for the promotion.  I have also changed my job in the Army from being an Armor Officer (tanks) to being a Simulation Officer (responsible for planning training that deals with simulated exercises).  William is in Cub Scouts, and as such i was his Tiger Den leader and will assume the Wolf Den leader next school year.

Lots of random thoughts trying to sum everything up.  Great to be back, now lets all catch up and get this thing going again.