Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 07:29:06 AM »
Sounds like someone needs some of those water cooling kits designed for PCs.  Nothing like some neon colored water cooling pipes running in and out of your PS3.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 10:56:08 AM »
I've moved the system out of the cabinet and it's heating/noise problems have gone away.  So soon I'll try removing the back panel for maximum breathing, and if it doesn't do too well, I might consider mounting some fans inside.  I just can't think that a device like this wouldn't be a temptation for youngsters.

Why doesn't somebody in electronics wise up and create an internally cooled cabinet?

Nyko is making a PS3 Intercooler (Link)  for the PS3, but won't be available until 1/16/07. Hopefully this cooler will be designed better than what they did for the 360 (Click this link).

Now, I heard Sony has been working on a top secret cooling device and they partnered with Coors & Sears to work on this project. They are near completion, but there's a slight moisture problem. On the plus side, it's roomy enough for the PS3, beer & snacks! See pics below.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 11:03:43 AM »
Nyko is making a PS3 Intercooler (Link)  for the PS3, but won't be available until 1/16/07. Hopefully this cooler will be designed better than what they did for the 360 (Click this link).

I personnally haven't used the cooler for the 360 but from what I have seen of it I think that it would help alot.   Heck, 3 fans can't hurt.  LOL      And the one coming out for the PS3 is only $25..   Sounds like a good solution to the heating problem.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »
I guess the key would be patenting the intercooled cabinet, as machines are getting more high tech.  Add a hepa-filter to keep the dust out from cooling fans could make it a household staple.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »
See above pics.

David, let me know if you get signed up for Sony's Cooler Beta Program.

:laugh2:

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 12:43:53 PM »
Still no heating problems since moving the system out of the cage... now watching for peanutbutter

Couple negatives...
Most of the demo downloads are big, and nothing else can be done during that time, so that sucks but it should be fixable in the future.  It would be nice if you could at least download in packets and resume it later.  Demos played... MotorStorm (great!), Resistance (great but not my bag), Formula One (Pretty nice, but I prefer GT series), Blast Factor (catchy, and a good demonstration of 6axis)

A little disappointed with web browser.  Maybe it's that I don't know how to work with it, but the pages show up small.  I've got the 46" wide screen and I basically need to be right up on the screen to read it.  Would be nice to have a more functional zoom, but that may be fixable later.  Navigating around it isn't bad though, but it'll help to attatch a keyboard and mouse.

And some good things...
Played a few games online with Madden, a lot of fun there.  Plugged in my PS2 headset and it seems to be recognized, but I haven't found any that's played with it so that still remains untested.

We were blown away by the Blu-Ray movie.  I didn't expect a remarkable difference between that and DVD's played on an upscaling player, but there is fantastic clarity here.  Taladega Nights was a bizarre comedy, but I think that the action really showed off the system well... it seems that the fast moving screens had the most improvements in quality.  I think that after this demonstration, we'll be looking for Blu-Ray formats for the blockbuster hits (Bad Boyz 2 preview was jaw dropping) ...  ....  (BluRay pron? lol)
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 12:59:32 PM »
Still no heating problems since moving the system out of the cage...

That's good to hear.

Couple negatives...Most of the demo downloads are big, and nothing else can be done during that time, so that sucks but it should be fixable in the future.  It would be nice if you could at least download in packets and resume it later.

The 360 was like that at first...Microsoft fixed it with an update.

A little disappointed with web browser.  Maybe it's that I don't know how to work with it, but the pages show up small.  I've got the 46" wide screen and I basically need to be right up on the screen to read it.  Would be nice to have a more functional zoom, but that may be fixable later.  Navigating around it isn't bad though, but it'll help to attatch a keyboard and mouse.

From what I've read this seems like it was just tacked on.

And some good things...
Played a few games online with Madden, a lot of fun there.  Plugged in my PS2 headset and it seems to be recognized, but I haven't found any that's played with it so that still remains untested.

You mean you couldn't find anyone online to play with?

We were blown away by the Blu-Ray movie.  I didn't expect a remarkable difference between that and DVD's played on an upscaling player, but there is fantastic clarity here.  Taladega Nights was a bizarre comedy, but I think that the action really showed off the system well... it seems that the fast moving screens had the most improvements in quality.  I think that after this demonstration, we'll be looking for Blu-Ray formats for the blockbuster hits (Bad Boyz 2 preview was jaw dropping) ...  ....  (BluRay pron? lol)

That's good news...What are the load times like for the games?  I know the Blu-Ray is much slower than a DVD drive.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
Taladega Nights, I love this movie! Anyone else see it? Shake & Bake, Baby!

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »
There seems to be plenty of people playing online (I'm 4-1 with my loss coming from a dropped connection), but not many are using headsets.  In the lobby, maybe 1 out of 20 people show a headset being plugged in.  I wonder if this is because they don't realize that a PS2 headset works.  I tried to invite people with headsets, but nothing yet.  I would have thought that everyone would be talking because of the excitement.  It's also possible that there's bugs with the headsets too, I'd like to chat with someone soon.

The load time with games is a little longer than I would have expected from a next-gen system, but it's not that bad.  If I compared it to PS2, I'd think that the loading time is just barely decreased.  Playing the movie, I didn't notice any slowness, so if the BluRay is technically slower, I'm not seeing it.

Offline davidAZ

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 02:16:57 AM »
Found a nice surprise tonight...

I put in my old Socomm II disk from PS2, and was able to connect and play online with everyone!  I didn't realize that this was possible, but it works.  I was also able to test the headset and it worked fine, but I didn't have the heart to tell the other playas that I was connecting via PS3 lol.

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 08:11:13 AM »
That's good news.  I would have told everyone that I was on a PS3...Something like "Hey, I had no idea that SOCOM would play so flawlessly on my brand new PS3" or something like that.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution