Author Topic: Resistance: Fall of Man  (Read 2479 times)

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
Resistance: Fall of Man
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
So I was given a second copy of Madden for Xmas and of all the current games, I turned it in for Resistance.  Typically I would have stayed away from this game because I prefer Socomm style games over run and shoot Doom like games.

But I've read lots of great reviews on this game and I've enjoyed the demos of this when I downloaded it from the Sony Store.  I wanted a game that would have staying power, and so far, I think this has it.

The storyline for this game is thick, and sucks you in right away.  I won't go into those details because the story can be found anywhere... but playing it feels like a mix between a CoD game, being plunged into a war, and Resident Evil, in that there's some creepy and creative surprises along the way.

A big part of deciding on this game is the online play.  Up to 40 players can go at it online, and everything that I've seen has been completely smooth.  I have heard rumors of people cheating, though it's clear that some people are better than others, but the game is still new and new patches are being promised to update and secure the game better.

It's also great to see the medals build up as you earn them onliine.

I can't compare this to anything on the 360, but this one has sucked me in when I didn't think it would be for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing more games soon, especially Rainbow 6 Vegas, Assasins Creed, Motor Storm, and Gran Turismo HD.
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Resistance: Fall of Man
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:27:22 PM »
Sounds like a great game David!   I love CoD, as you know, but I also love games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil..    I would probably love that game.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:08:13 PM »
I heard that is the best game for the PS3. Congrats!

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »
This is the one PS3 exclusive game that I wish was on the 360.  How does the voice chat work in the online mode?

rocknrolldad

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:59:42 AM »
is it a fps?

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 09:08:19 AM »
yep

rocknrolldad

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 07:00:42 PM »
oh, too bad.

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 12:25:11 AM »
I usually don't like fps, but this one is very good, especially online.

The voice chat is pretty easy, just press the L3 button... I'm not chatting much now because I'm expecting a bluetooth headset very soon.  Also, I've chatted with a couple nice players during the game, but for the most part, there's a ton of kids 17-25 that take this kind of game way serious... so I don't generally get into chats with them.  I'm not much into clans either unless I personally know the people I'm joining with.  I do like chatting while playing Madden because I can always talk football, and a one on one conversation is better... not to mention if I'm chatting with an opponent, I can set up fakes a little easier.

Another quality thing about this game is the staying power, I think it'll get played in my routine frequently for a long time.  I hate to base opinions on popularity, but when a game is popular, the online play will remain competitive.  It sucks to enjoy a sleeper game only to discover that nobody's playing online.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:56 AM »
David you need to do what a lot of guys did that play online with the 360. You need to search the net and find a site dedicated for older PS3 players. That way you can meet up with some mature gamers and avoid the little mouthy brats!

gunnersmac

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »
That way you can meet up with some mature gamers and avoid the little mouthy brats!
But they are sooooo much fun to choke the piss out of !!! :chairshot: I hate those damn kids on there !!! I want to beat them all !!!!   :gurney:

Old Skool 64

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »
You guys ought to hear these little bast*rds on the consoles. If I talked like that at their age (I'm guessing as young as 8?) my dad would have smacked me across the room. The freak'n parents need to be shot. You should have to take & pass a parenting class before you're allowed to have kids!

The expert wonder why society is shot to hell, it's the rotten parents out there!   :banghead:

gunnersmac

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 01:31:30 PM »
I couldn't agree more OS... most of the damn kids on there don't even know the meaning of their swear-words that they use so fluidly on LIVE. i.e. the word $#!T came from old time freighters (ships) that were transiting open oceans, they would leave a lot of dry-goods all over the deck (floor) and when they got wet they would be ruined, not to mention its dangerous to have stuff loose on a ship... (So, OS's ol' G@Y @$$ couldn't go out to sea... lol) These items were marked as "Store High In Transit" and shortly after referred to as S.H.I.T.

Offline davidAZ

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 02:37:18 PM »
might as well continue with the side topic of chatting online...

the obscene doesn't bother me too much, if it's a problem i'll just unplug the headset.  but the serious gamers are bunched groups that talk in code, or really focus on the game to win... and that's a great advantage, so that's cool.  but i'm not part of a clan, and i don't have 50 buddies to match wits with.  there's also the half of gamers like me that keep a buddy list of people they actually know (like people at work and such), and then there's the half of gamers that add any buddy that sends requests merely to build alliances and have a long list of friends.

in general, i avoid group chats unless i'm partnered with someone i know because everyone's only talking about frags and flags (i will use chat if it's a competitive group game).  but one-on-one conversations are more fun for me, like on Madden, because I like to hear where everyone is from.  sometimes it's all bs, sometimes it's in a place I'd like to visit.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution