Author Topic: Gran Turismo HD  (Read 2116 times)

chink17

Gran Turismo HD
« on: December 23, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »
The Demo is out Now 1 Day Early  :santaclap:

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
Re: Gran Turismo HD
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
 :santaclap: :santaclap: :santaclap: :santaclap: :santaclap:

and so i rush online to start the tedious process of downloading.........

...... and the servers are crashed!   :banghead:

I can't log in, and I'm thinking its me... but I check the forums and nobody can get in, not even to play regular games.  It seems every PS3 out there is trying to butt in, and now I'm waiting.    :sniperelf:
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

gunnersmac

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »
(See above post...)

Reason #478 (Why does the PS3 Suck...)  :LMAO:

Captain Tuttle

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 04:59:58 PM »
Xbox Live has had problems as well once or twice but the bad thing about this deal with Sony is that there's just not that many PS3 users out there right now.  Even if every single person who owns one had logged on it shouldn't have crashed the system for all day.  Slowed it down, yes.  Take a visit over at the PS3 forums.  People are losing their minds.

gunnersmac

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »
I'm sorry, and I know that if I was in their shoes... I'd be trying to kick someone's ass at SONY... but its also FUNNY AS HELL. I feel bad for the people that bought it, but love to see SONY drop down to the bottom, and I think it would be funny as hell to see the Wii kick SONY's ass.

Old Skool 64

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 05:36:09 PM »
 :agree:   :laugh2:

I thought it was funny, but I can't stand Sony or their POS, oops PS3.

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 10:02:40 PM »
okay, so it's been downloaded and played...

and  :whoa:  it looks great!

there are 10 cars available and then the same cars tuned, unfortunately just one track.  but this is a brand new track and the background has lots of eye candy.

the game runs 1080p which is fantastic, though there are still some jagged edges here and there that could be improved.  the cars are also noticably more detailed too.

as far as demos go, this is a must have.  your best laps/scores are recorded and ranked in the online community.  and i generally have a hard time believing ridiculous scores, but the top 5 in each category come with true replays, so a sick time of 50 secs can be replayed and we can all learn a little something.

i was disappointed a bit from GT3 to GT4, there were a whole lot more cars and some extra tracks, but it didn't seem to be a big leap in looks, but that might have been the constraints on the PS2.  the leap from GT4 to this next project will be a big one, and worth the retail price... especially if speculation is accurate with online play available with 20 to 40 cars.

keep in mind that Gran Turismo isn't for everyone.  the spirit of the game is all about simulating real cars and racing even if it means braking to 40mph around a hairpin curve.  if you're looking for cops, pedestrians, fatal wrecks, and future cars that only know speed and insane drifting.... then that's getting away from the sim and that's not what Gran Turismo's all about.

chink17

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 11:29:33 PM »
That is very well put David Gran Tursimo is not for everyone. But let me tell you the game looks great on a 1080p HD TV. Cannot wait untill GT5

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 09:01:47 AM »
Sorry you had so many problems David getting the game..    I beta tested Xbox Live and I can honestly say that Live has been great.   I don't like the fact that when they are "working" on it they take it down for 24 hrs at a time.   But it is a great service and I'm sure that once Sony gets all the bugs out the sony online service will be good as well..

David, your TV does 1080P?     How much better does it look over 1080i?    Mine only has 1080i.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline davidAZ

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »
David, your TV does 1080P?     How much better does it look over 1080i?    Mine only has 1080i.

Mine is 1080p, and unless the two sets are sitting next to each other, how do you distinguish the differences?

But let me explain it like this....

I have a DVD player that upscales to 1080i, and of course the blu-ray movies that play at 1080p, and there is a big difference.  I think the clarity really comes through with fast action on the screen, but there's certainly a leap from DVD to blue-ray.

But that's movies, and we're really talking games.  While playing GTHD, I can tell that there is a new level of clarity, but I'm not sure that I cold nail to 1080p vs anything else.  Part of it is in the development of the graphics in the game, and part of it is the experience of the user.

Right now, I think most people would not be able to tell the differences between 720p,1080i, and 1080p... but as we become experienced in these formats, the gaps will widen..... but follow this....

consider about 10 years ago, if the average individual were watching a movie, they probably wouldn't have been able to identify whether th quality is VHS or DVD, but the exposure has tuned our eyes to see that difference now.

same thing for music, 15 years ago, the average individual wouldn't know if the song was played from tape or cd, but today's listener could guess that difference.

I think the same thing will come with the advanced resolutions of our tvs, the differences are minor now, but as we get accustomed to the differences, that gap in quality will widen.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution