Author Topic: Who Daddyplace is for...  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Who Daddyplace is for...
« on: March 02, 2007, 04:41:43 PM »
It has come to my attention that we have forgot who Daddyplace is for.   Remember, this is a site for dads...  all dads.   doesn't matter if we are hunters, fishermen, gamers or farmers for that matter. 

Since this site came about I have racked my brain trying to find ways to draw new members here.  I have went to myspace website, tivo community website and so on.   With not too much success.    Then I thought..  I love gaming, and I know that there are gaming dads out there like me that don't get enough time to play.  What if  we opened up a section here on daddyplace for gaming dads?  So, I posted a thread about it on the xbox forums..  And boy of boy did it work...  And it brought some GREAT new members that have proven themselves to the site.      So, I thought I hit a homerun with that one..  (I still do for that matter).

Now we are having alittle bit of growing pains.    Most of our active members here now are gamers, like myself..   We don't post about games 100% of the time.   I highly doubt that we do 75% of the time.   But, that's beside the point.  They are posting about what they like and enjoy..  As it should be..  Plus, they do welcome new members here, recruite for the site and participate in threads other than gaming. 

Here is my point.  If your not a gamer, but have other interests..  Then please post about them..   Try to find new members that have the same interest.   Go to other sites and tell people about what a great place Daddyplace is and what great members we have!    Just as I have done..   

My point being..   PARTICIPATE!  RECUITE for the site! HAVE FUN here.      As I stated when I first put this site online.   Daddyplace is a site for dads by dads..  Which means that if there is something that you want here that isn't here now..  Then tell us!   This site is what we (as in ALL of us) make it to be! 

I'm sure that some of you guys enjoy this site as much as I do, I hope!   So, let's post..  partipicate and recruit new members so we can have even more fun here.

One more thing before I get off my soap box.  LOL     If you don't happen to like a specific board, then you don't have to read in it..    Just go into that board, then click on "mark read".    Easy enough..

Questions?   Comments?   

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Captain Tuttle

Re: Who Daddyplace is for...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »
That's how I feel.  Good post.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
well said Keith

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline James Reardon

• HAPPY NEW YEAR DAD's!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 7
  • It's been a while but, I'm back once again.
  • Children?: 4
  • First Name?: James
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:01:47 PM »
Hi ya Dads,

Although - I may not be a game player, I am however a silent reader most of the time and do enjoy daddy place.  I've told others about the community.  And will continue to do so as long as it stay interesting and ever changing. 

I take part when I can but between work and sleep their not a lot more to my life.

{ Here's a thought }

1.) Post what you like most about Daddyplace.com

2.) Post what you dislike about Daddyplace.com

Answer 1.) I guess what I like most is that everyone takes part even when life gets boring and their isn't a lot to talk about the forum still runs on whether it be who kicked who's butt at what game or anything.  And Keith keeps it interesting by games and such. (Daddyplace challenge) is pretty cool I was there a few time.  I like brain busters.  LOL

Answer 2.) Not a lot I don't like but one thing I would have to say is that however unfortunate for me DSL isn't available in my area.  The only thing we get out here is Dial up.  LOL and the side bar Ads tends to make My Ol' computer run a little slower.  (Must not be bad though - I keep commin back.  LOL.)

For all you members that keep conversation up beat and interesting.  Keep up the good postings.

Great Job here,
Jim
Thanks,
James Reardon

Offline Chef Dad

• Let me show you my gall bladder. I have it over here in a jar. Oh wait that's an avocado. Hmmm, you may not want to eat that guacamole.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • damn irish, breeding like rabbits
  • Children?: 3
  • Xbox Gamertag: the irish fuse
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:38:58 AM »
maybe i could run a foodie section, i do get paid a crapload of money for my knowledge and skills in the foodservice industry and the way i see it, besides women and beer, every guy likes to eat right? yes video games are a very close forth place.
Nobody can eat fifty eggs. Except for Takeru Kobayashi