Author Topic: Foster Dad Head Count  (Read 2423 times)

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Foster Dad Head Count
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »
If you are a foster dad or former foster dad check in here and let us know who you are.  Please give a summary of your experiences if you would like.

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Re: Foster Dad Head Count
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »
My wife and I were foster parents for about 4 years.  We quit at one point, but fate wouldn't let us out completely and we got back briefly as a non-relative placement for the newborn of a friend of ours.  During our time we had 19 different children ranging in age from newborn to 17.  We also had attitudes ranging from sweet and wonderful to one coming to us under house arrest for battery of a pregnant woman.  We have now given up our license because we have 3 adopted children and are legal guardians of a fourth.  Of those 4, three are former foster children of ours.  Our youngest child was a private adoption because we wanted to have at least one child from birth that we got to keep.

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

reddaddie

Re: Foster Dad Head Count
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:51:15 AM »
We were foster parents for 7 years.   We had 15 foster kids and kept 3.  Some we had for a day or so, one that left for 2 1/2 years, There were a lot of heartaches and a few laughs.  It was a thing we were called to do.  we were blessed with three wonderful, difficult kids.  We have been out of fostering for a couple of years now and don't miss the socialworkers one bit.

Steve

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution