Author Topic: Stay at home dad might not be for me..  (Read 2866 times)

Nightwolf30

Stay at home dad might not be for me..
« on: June 16, 2007, 05:38:03 PM »
well since ive moved back to texas..well let me start from begging..i just graduated from college in computer animation in AZ. moved back to texas to be closer to the family and still have not found a job here. So i have been staying home with my son while the wife goes to work..Now, i do love all this time i get with him ,but im dying to work again. I have found muncho respect for those of you who do it. But so far it hasnt been to fun for me.

Offline Bill

• I beat blue ballz
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
Re: Stay at home dad might not be for me..
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
Lots of times it isn't alot of fun.  I was a stay at home dad for a while and most days were good, but not alot of them were overly fun.  Find time, make time to play.  Inside or outside doesn't really matter, make the time, it's worth it.  Now that I'm back at work I wish I was at home again, I miss the time with them.  But the whole time I was at home I didn't feel like I was pulling my weight at all and couldn't wait to get back to work.  Sad but true.  The grass is always greener like they say.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:04:35 PM »
I have never been a SAHD, but I was a single dad of 2 boys for quite awhile.   It was hard, especially working full-time, cleaning the house, giving baths, making food, doing the yard work, heck, everything..   But I do know this, I kinda miss it, my boys and I were close.  We were a team and I will never forget it..   

The harder you work at something, the more special and unforgetable it becomes......

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
Nightwolf, how you making out

thndrlight

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »
It isn't for everyone. I am going into year four of being a SAHD and now that we have our second child, its much more of a challenge, but a welcome one.  I think the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of respect I get from some people. The other day in the mall a lady came up to me and said, "look, daddy is baby sitting for the day".  Drives me crazy. My father in law constantly makes cracks about me being the wife and all that crap.  Its worth the abuse for the great rewards of seeing my boys grow up before my eyes instead of paying someone 300 a week to do it for me.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution