Author Topic: Adoptive Dad Head Count  (Read 6959 times)

GiftedPlacebo

Re: Adoptive Dad Head Count
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »
My wife and I have adopted 2 kids, and have been foster parents for many others. Due to having to move, we aren't currently foster parents, but we are planning on getting back to it when things settle a little bit.

My son was adopted from foster care when he was 5 months old. His older sister also lived with us for several years before she went into a full time program to help her with her mental problems. She has a long list of problems, and to sum it up, she had to be taken out of our home because she was a threat to herself and others. Abuse in kids is a horrible, horrible thing.  =(

My son has some neurological problems due to his drug exposure and addiction at birth, but he is otherwise a healthy and VERY ACTIVE 4 year old now.  :excited:

My daughter (now 2) is also adopted. We've had her since 1 day old, and it my brother-in-law's biological daughter. It was his girlfriends 9th kid, and they simply can't support another, so we formally adopted her when she was about a year old.

We've had numerous foster kids with varying degrees of problems and abuse. Sometimes it just makes you sick to know what happens to some kids (one kid locked in a closet for days with just bread & water for example). Despite being emotionally hard, and frustrating when dealing with the foster care system, it is very rewarding to make a difference in some of these kids lives.

czarnp

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
I guess I have not posted in this thread yet so here it goes....

My name is Pete, my wife and I have 1 adopted son (Ben 7) and 1 biological son (Avery 8) along with 2 biological daughters (Noelle 6, Lindsey 4).

Ben is from Ethiopia and was 4, almost 5, when we adopted him. He did still have family alive and we were able to meet them. We traveled to Ethiopia to bring him home and found the trip to be an amazing experience. Our biggest challenge so far has been the language barrier since he spoke amharic when we brought him home. His only english word was "mom".
Guess that is it in a nutshell, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

-Pete 

Greyghost62

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
I'm more than likely your newest adoptive dad, since I just joined the site. I posted some of our adoption in my welcome. But in a nutshell. My wife and I couldn't have children (my problem, I'm sterile for some odd reason) it was a let down for us. We've waited 21 yrs for a child and 4 yrs ago we decided to go to an adoption agency after having searched, prayed and waited. We did the agency thing and waited again, but while we waited we became foster parents of one of our nephews. It was okay he was 15 at the time and still in 8th grade. Bad family life his natural father was as my wife calls him an idiot. Well, after a yr with him in our household we got asked to foster two little boys 3 and 4. I come home after work and they are already there. I walk in and hear Dad for the first time. It was WOW, cause I never thought I would hear that word. At this time we still had not been picked by a pregnant mother to adopt her child. Well needless to say around July of 08 we get a phone call from a friend who said someone had asked to meet us to adopt her unborn baby. We met the mom and we got along and she told us she would let us know. AND she did. Man it was great. My wife went to all the dr's appointments. WE both were in the delivery room and as I said in my welcome post I got to cut the cord. AWESOME!!!!! Am I exicted you bet I am. but the thing I think about the most right now is wow i'm gonna be 60some odd yrs old when she graduates high school. The boys I told you about are gone, we had to give them up cause one of them tried to smother the adoptive child. it was not a happy time. The nephew we took in went to live with his mom in sept 08.

That's about all I have to say. I look forward to being on this site.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution