Author Topic: Interracial Families  (Read 2343 times)

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Interracial Families
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »
This is the thread to discuss interracial families and related issues.  Tell stories that happened to you, vent about experiences or challenges you have faced, or just read about other Dads experiences to realize you aren't alone.

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Re: Interracial Families
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:17:24 PM »
My family has been interracial since we got our first foster child.  My wife and I are both white, but of the 19 foster children we have had only one was white.  In my area there is a shortage of foster parents.  Most of the foster parents are white, but most also will not accept minority children.  My wife and I just plain love children and don't care what their color or ethnic heritage is.

My children are Haitian, African-American, Mexican and Carribean (St. Thomas). 

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

oj467

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
My wife and I are as "lilly white" as they come - our son is half Hispanic and half Filipino - and beautiful! :)

GiftedPlacebo

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »
My wife and I are both white (very)  :laugh2:

My son is half white/half unknown, but we're thinking either black or possibly native? We've actually been talking about spending the money to do one of those DNA tests that will tell you your heritage. I never noticed it before, but I definately notice people's comments about race more than I ever did.

My daughter is half white/half Alaska Native (Eskimo).

I definately love their darker color and wouldn't have it any other way.  :up:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution