Author Topic: Reason For Fostering Or Adopting  (Read 2509 times)

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Reason For Fostering Or Adopting
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »
There are different things that lead people to become foster or adoptive parents.  This is the place to discuss and get support for those factors lead you to become a foster or adoptive parent. 

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

Offline floridamcmarion1

• Proud Daddy Of Khadijah, Joe, Bryan & Faith
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Maybe it's about time I get a pic of myself put up
Re: Reason For Fostering Or Adopting
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »
My wife and I had both thought that we would like to adopt as well as have our own biological children.  Our plan was to adopt after we had some biological children.  As it turned out, we were unable to have biological children.  We decided to become foster parents with the intent to adopt.  After having two boys placed with us through foster care with the intention that we would adopt them, we discussed that we really wanted to have a newborn baby that we could keep.  We had taken care of newborns in foster care, but they always ended up going back to a biological family member.  After discussing our options, we decided to try in-vitro fertilization.  Due to the emotional strain from the process we decided not to try in-vitro again after our first attempt failed.  Instead we started to look into private adoption.  We were quickly able to have a possible baby identifed for us and the birth mother chose us after one meeting.  We were very much interested in doing an international adoption, and considered Liberia, but due to fianances that didn't happen.  I'll admit, I would still very much like to adopt a girl from China.

Marion

"Some people collect stamps.....but me....I collect children.  If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!"

TAZZFANN

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:22:35 AM »
adopt a girl from China.

I would do the smae thing

reddaddie

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 04:09:33 AM »
Sheri and I went into fostering to "help those poor kids 'till their parents got their act together" That never happened! 
I was clipped during my first marriage and Sheri and I were praying for a miracle, and we received a word (actually 2) Caleb Josiah, with the promice if a son, that was less than a tear before we got our first foster child and almost 3 years before he, Caleb, came into our house.  The thing is when you foster properly you get attached to the little things and the ones we got were considered not adoptable because of their behaviors.  We could not bear to have these little guys be sent from onefoster home to another, so we kept them!

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution