Author Topic: Boycott of ImageShack?  (Read 3158 times)

ronbo325

Re: Boycott of ImageShack?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 09:59:10 PM »
u know myspace recently took voluntary ssn from ppl on the site willing to give them for a background check and they found like 4000 ppl who were charged as sex offenders.  And that's just the ones dumb enough to give their ssn up.  Obviously they were removed from the site, but still, sexual predators use the internet as a main connection to their problem.  it's scary what these ppl do and the afflication they have.  that's why besides the internet, it is especially important to watch kids at playgrounds and kid areas (such as Chuck E. Cheese).

I heard about that after I LET my kids have a myspace page, of course they are private, I have their user names and passwords and check them daily. They have to ask me before they can invite anyone as a friend. What a mess this world has become eh?

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 10:01:17 PM »
that's why besides the internet, it is especially important to watch kids at playgrounds and kid areas (such as Chuck E. Cheese).

That's an excellent point!   Some parents don't think that places like that can be unsafe, but they are!   I keep an "over" protected eye on my kids..  Everyone tells me that I'm over protected..

Aftr brings up an excellent point. There is a waterpark here that my wife and kids get season tickets for for the past 2 years. I cant remember if the guy had his computer fixed or he got caught there but there was a guy there taking pictures of the kids in their swimsuits both boys and girls. The guy had took over 10,000 pictures and I believe that was just this summer. They did not release the pictures or any other info so I have no way of knowing if my 2 sons were any of the ones he took pictures of.  X-(

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »
u know myspace recently took voluntary ssn from ppl on the site willing to give them for a background check and they found like 4000 ppl who were charged as sex offenders.  And that's just the ones dumb enough to give their ssn up.  Obviously they were removed from the site, but still, sexual predators use the internet as a main connection to their problem.  it's scary what these ppl do and the afflication they have.  that's why besides the internet, it is especially important to watch kids at playgrounds and kid areas (such as Chuck E. Cheese).

I heard about that after I LET my kids have a myspace page, of course they are private, I have their user names and passwords and check them daily. They have to ask me before they can invite anyone as a friend. What a mess this world has become eh?

This is the thing though Ron, I would never let my kid have anything like that. I dont want to really elaborate but about 3 years ago I had some major family problems. I had to use the internet as an investigative resource and I learned how to use it good. I had a woman on a job that her daughter had a Myspace page and she was complaining about what her daughter talks to other people about and being scared. I asked the lady to show me her daughter's myspace page. Within less than 3 minutes I was asking her is this your address and your phone number? She was dumbfounded, I told her to get her daughter off of myspace and do it now. I will reinerate that here now, if you have a child on myspace get them off. Myspace allows anyone to put enough info on their page that someone that has half the computer smarts can find where you are. I dont trust people around here with my kids, let alone the goons that surf the net for that info, kinda the reason I hadnt really posted any family pics yet.

ronbo325

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 10:20:05 PM »

[/quote]

This is the thing though Ron, I would never let my kid have anything like that. I dont want to really elaborate but about 3 years ago I had some major family problems. I had to use the internet as an investigative resource and I learned how to use it good. I had a woman on a job that her daughter had a Myspace page and she was complaining about what her daughter talks to other people about and being scared. I asked the lady to show me her daughter's myspace page. Within less than 3 minutes I was asking her is this your address and your phone number? She was dumbfounded, I told her to get her daughter off of myspace and do it now. I will reinerate that here now, if you have a child on myspace get them off. Myspace allows anyone to put enough info on their page that someone that has half the computer smarts can find where you are. I dont trust people around here with my kids, let alone the goons that surf the net for that info, kinda the reason I hadnt really posted any family pics yet.
[/quote]

I know the feeling Joey, but I have been a computer tech -lan admin almost as long as my daughter has been alive...my kids know...post any address, phone numbers, locations, the hard drive gets wiped, no more computer. I know a family that had their daughter lured away when she was 14 by a 25 year old man, she came home safe, and PG, that kind of stuff scares the bejeebers out of me.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »

I know the feeling Joey, but I have been a computer tech -lan admin almost as long as my daughter has been alive...my kids know...post any address, phone numbers, locations, the hard drive gets wiped, no more computer. I know a family that had their daughter lured away when she was 14 by a 25 year old man, she came home safe, and PG, that kind of stuff scares the bejeebers out of me.
[/quote]

Good thing man, I am amazed how many people with kids let them use computers yet have no clue what little information is needed to find someone, in fact after my post I actually moved my pin on my Google map to the city I live in not near my home

ronbo325

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
Joey, where do you live??

LOL Just kidding

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »
I've already dealt with that, read the second post on this page, I dont think you saw it

Offline MindBender

• Da SingleDaddy
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 01:14:38 AM »
sorry not to update on the imageshack profile that was the center of this thread... 

Response to Report to Center for Missing Exploited Children received 9-21-07

Thank you for making a report to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's CyberTipline. All of the information you provided is currently accessible by federal law enforcement agencies that handle child sexual exploitation.  We are processing your report and will then make it available for law enforcement.

Thanks again,

Kathleen M. Harris

Staff Analyst, Exploited Child Division

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

latest update from original thread where this all started by OP... posted today..  9-23-07

checked back on the original imageshack members site and the offending photos have been blocked by imageshack. One interesting point to note was that when i reported the incident, there were 2 pages of photos, today there were 5 pages although most had been blocked

this is not an attempt to exploting no underage girls but the members of the  site where this idea to boycott imageshack started decided to see if this was an isolated thing with imageshack and went to searching to see there was anyother profiles belonging to scum bags like this....  well, its easily proven something needs to be done about imageshack and their staff and pllicies....  Just simply search the keyword preteen and theres proof imageshack has some major issues going on....  How can they miss stuff like this. 

I think we as a community of Dads/Daddys/Fathers need to move to the front of a campaign against this..  Yes, it would give daddyplace publicity in a postive manner.  But, foremost it would uphold our duty as parents and Dads/Daddys/Fathers to attempt to keep children safe from issues like this the best we can....   

VivaLaDads

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 10:04:54 AM »
What do you suggest we do, mindbender?   I'm all ears.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »
I already don't use image shack. Does that count? LOL. No in all reality, we can't boycott every site we don't approve of. I mean we can on a personal level but we can't expect the site to be shut down or anything like that. It's just unrealistic. I'm not saying that allowing the inappropriate picture is ok in ANY way, it's just that these things are hard to control for such open sites.

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 06:50:35 PM »
Nope..  Can't shut it down..   But we and everyone else can put a serious dampen on the site and get the news envolved.. 

New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Jessie

• Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 26
  • First Name?: JB
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 06:58:27 PM »
True

Offline Keith

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »
I don't know if it will happen..    Since they took the pictures down, or blocked them.   It may just have them to open their eyes to this junk.   And if so, the battle is still won.