Author Topic: a new book in the works  (Read 2435 times)

maximustroy

a new book in the works
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:14:33 AM »
Hello fellow “Stay at Home Dads,”

My name is Kenny Troiano, and I’m a writer for MaximusTroyPublications. We are working on a book that will celebrate the love and devotion between a father and his children. A book that tackles issues fathers face when they become primary caregivers, but also, a book that shares the daily life and experiences of the “stay at home father.” We’re looking for wonderful moments to share with other would be, Stay home Dads, such as funny, interesting, touching and/or inspirational moments. The trials and tribulations fathers go through on a daily basis. We’re looking for stories that evoke the fondest of memories that will rekindle the bond between dad and his children.

This book will also address how to live with one income, leaving the job that was our identity, to take care of the kids, clean the house, wash the clothes, and make the dinner. This book will also deal with psychological issues that we face everyday, the acceptance from others, and most importantly, the acceptance of ourselves. Why dad is better than a day care center, and why fathers are truly our kids hero’s.

How about your wife’s point on view? Her story is welcome as well. The moments that might have brought you and your wife to this decision, to become a “stay at home Dad.”

This book will share wonderful stories that will open the hearts and spirits of fathers everywhere. To inspire and encourage other Dads, what we have known for years, how much fun it is to be such a big part of our kids life. A lot of fathers wonder, how tough can it be? Well here is your chance to show them.

Want to share your story? A funny, humorous, or comic moment? Want to share a touching or emotional moment? How about a moment of inspiration?  Anything of interest would be much appreciated.

We will collect stories and conduct interviews for the next six months.
Please send your stories, along with your name/alias, city and state, to: maximustroypublications@yahoo.com
C/O K. Troiano, Thank you!

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
Re: a new book in the works
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 06:48:20 AM »
Great idea.  Is this your first book, or have you written others too?

maximustroy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »
I have writen other books but this is the first on this subject. It is one that in near and dear to my heart. Not only am I a writer, and have made a good living at it, but I am a stay at home Dad. I've been home with my kids for twenty three years. I have a 23 year old who is now in the Air Force, a twenty one year old who is in College, and a four year old. Just when I thought I was done, it started all over again. I have a great idea for a book, but it requires pertisapation from other Home dads. Thanks for your interest, kenny

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
I hope this works out for you..    Not sure how many SAHDs we have here..    But it would be cool if they would partipcipate in this with you.

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

maximustroy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 06:44:08 PM »
I just want to thank everyone for the wonderful and very funny stories. Some are very inspirational. This book should be a big success.
Thanks again, Kenny

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution