Author Topic: Pentagon eyes ways to use military for border security  (Read 3639 times)

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
Re: Pentagon eyes ways to use military for border security
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »
I'd like to see an invisible wall stretch our borders.

A brick and mortar wall could be a good start, but look at the costs of building and maintaining it's integrity.  Would it stand after 10 years? 20 years?  Wouldn't there be "holes" created after a while?

Instead of a wall, I'd like to see an invisible electronic wall.  Clear away a path 100 yards wide down th stretch of the border so that no one can hide in the bushes, and set up an electronic "firewall" of sorts... sensors detecting movements over long ranges, electronic eyes, siesmic sensors detecting underground activities (tunnels), and radar covering the skys.  This way, you set up some patrols every 50 miles or so with dune buggies and swoop in on them.  Maybe even set up a hidden taser fence to zap anyone crossing until guards can pick them up.

Many countries have tried putting up walls and they have all been flawed to some degree.  We have technology, it's even used to guard our military bases and private sectors where security is valuable, let's set up a hi-tech wall that can't be crossed without penalties.

And if anyone dares cross our borders illegally, let's tag their ears like migratory birds with GPS so that we can find them when they approach again, and they'll be damned paranoid about trying it again.

I don't mean to make these people crossing our borders to be less than human, but what they're doing is illegal.  Come on in legally, fill out tax forms, social security, background checks, and pay your membership dues.
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 10:59:03 PM »
I stand firm with David on this!  I am getting really tired of all of my tax dollars going to people that really aren't US citizens.   

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 12:29:18 AM »
I agree let those that want to be here do so legally and pay taxes. Those that are here illegally, IF!! they are allowed to stay should be charged back taxes and given temporary visas with a stipulation that they must learn our language and earn citizenship. If they don't in the alloted time they should be sent back with no questions asked. If they had family here... well let's not separate them, send them along.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution