Author Topic: What is your child reading?  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
What is your child reading?
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:56:37 AM »
This thread is kind of the same as the one started by Captain Tuttle, but with a little twist. It's about our kids. We can use this thread to share what our kids are reading and how much they like it.

My son is eight years old and already is infected by his parents reading bug. He's reading what he calls chapter books. He loves the Beast Quest series of books.

We went to Barnes and Noble today and they didn't have the next book in the Beast Quest series so he picked up a new one and barely set it down since.  :laugh2: It's called Warriors: Into The Wild It's a pretty cool series. It's about warrior cats. I'm not talking about the big ones. I'm talking about home type cats, mostly feral.

It has a pretty cool synopsis:

Rusty starts out as an ordinary house kitten, but his travels deep into the forest involve him in the epic battles of the cat warrior clans who roam (and rule) the wild. With a new name - Firepaw - and a position as a Thunderclan apprentice, our feline hero faces his destiny, struggles with issues of friendship, honour, courage, and betrayal, and learns what it truly means to be a warrior.

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: What is your child reading?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:56:15 AM »
well mine has just finished harry potter,but also reads books by eoin colfer_artemis foul,a kindof junior fantasy detective,dark with lots of humour,he slso reads books called muddle earth also recommended,readings a good habit to get kids into as it helps them understand the use of grammar like wat we do hehe.

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »
My oldest daughter is reading Eldest which is next in line after Eragon. Usually once she finishes a book she jumps in and starts to read the Harry Potter books. She loves to read. While they watch TV i always see her reading instead of watching which is great to me. Now if I could get my youngest to read like her sister think of the money I will save on electricity.

Offline Ramblin' Dad

• Nevada Dads do it with Kleenex and Lotion
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 52
  • Submariners Do It Deeper
  • Children?: One (17yo) Son - Jeremy
  • First Name?: John
  • Xbox Gamertag: SubVet688
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »
Muddle Earth sounds interesting. It may be a bit too advanced for my boy for now.

He's reading well above his age, but I don't really pay attention to that. If he likes it and reads it. That's good enough for me. I got some classics written for kids when he was little to read to him. He grabbed them off his shelf one day and started reading them. It blew his third grade teacher away when she found he was reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. :laugh2:

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution