Author Topic: HOW TO: Check your NAT and change.  (Read 24939 times)

Dog Qi

Re: HOW TO: Check your NAT and change.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 09:45:27 AM »
Anyone with Verizon Fios and the wired ethernet connection figure out how to make an open NAT.  Best I can get is moderate- even when I assign a NAT to the xbox port.  Does seem to work well enough on moderate when playing- but I do get a warning message while playing Halo 3.  The model of the verizon router is M1424wr.
Thanks

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 09:13:25 AM »
are you running ics(internet connection sharing) thru your pc?,or straight thru a modem and out,if your on ics the best you will get is moderate.

Dog Qi

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 11:32:44 PM »
No, thanks for the idea, but I am not running internet sharing connection.  I am wondering if anyone out there is using Fios high speed optical, with the TV service, and has been able to get an "open" NAT.  Maybe it can't be done.  I get "moderate" and the gaming seems to run well, its just I get a warning when playing Halo.  Thanks

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 05:47:33 AM »
ah i think every1 with a NAT thats moderate or strict get that warning,mines strict,but wierdly enough i get that warning on halo3 but have no trouble joining games,on COD4 i dont get the warning and have the devils job of joining servers,go figure.

GiftedPlacebo

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
No, thanks for the idea, but I am not running internet sharing connection.  I am wondering if anyone out there is using Fios high speed optical, with the TV service, and has been able to get an "open" NAT.  Maybe it can't be done.  I get "moderate" and the gaming seems to run well, its just I get a warning when playing Halo.  Thanks

I'll let you know in a few days. We're switching from Comcast cable modem to Verizon FiOS on 4/1.

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 06:30:56 PM »
Anyone with Verizon Fios and the wired ethernet connection figure out how to make an open NAT.  Best I can get is moderate- even when I assign a NAT to the xbox port.  Does seem to work well enough on moderate when playing- but I do get a warning message while playing Halo 3.  The model of the verizon router is M1424wr.
Thanks

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26004876

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r18800882-Actiontec-MI424WR-firmware-not-compatible-with-Xbox-Live~start=40

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20077704-northeast-Xbox-Live-testingtweaking

hope this helps

Offline BigCöx

• Well, I'm just this guy, you know?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 4
  • Sloan's Daddy - 12/17/07
    • BC on FB
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Matt
  • Xbox Gamertag: c0dek
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 06:42:42 PM »
I got my FiOS router to "open" at last, don't remember exactly what I had to do, pretty sure it involved a firmware upgrade, configuring some port forwarding settings, and for good measure I static-IP'd (on my LAN) the xbox and changed some settings specific to the IP as well.

Dog Qi

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »
I got my FiOS router to "open" at last, don't remember exactly what I had to do, pretty sure it involved a firmware upgrade, configuring some port forwarding settings, and for good measure I static-IP'd (on my LAN) the xbox and changed some settings specific to the IP as well.

Actually, if you could post your settings for the router and the Xbox- I would REALLY appreciate it.  I tried to figure it all out and have been failing miserably.  Thanks for going through the trouble...

Dog Qi

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »
I found this link
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070930151117AA4065r
It solves the problem!  Finally an OPEN NAT!
Hey , hey.

Offline Magoo

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 06:37:51 AM »
sortin NAT's  a biatch,XBL should release a bundle with an online ready modem with open NAT,save us all a bloody headache lol,dream on.

AIRWAVES

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »
I finally got all my xboxes to say open at the same time. Only took me a few months. Had to get a new router and but DD-wrt on it and worked like a champ.

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 10:08:08 AM »
I literally just installed DD-WRT on my router the other day. Fixed alot of issues that I was having. But then I found TOMATO. I installed that instead. I personally prefer it over DD-WRT.

AIRWAVES

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 12:39:19 PM »
I like DD-WRT lets me do alot with this router. I have used it for years. Problem I had I was using the cheap ass netgear router that is the router modem combo for roadrunner. Its UPNP sucked ass. I have been trying to get it to work right for a long time. I was using the linksys router i am using now as a wireless 4 port bridge in my sons room. So i just gave back the roadrunner router and got a regular cable modem and hooked up the linksys to my modem and things have been great since. All my xboxs and DVR's and PS3 all their UPNP work like a champ. Nice to have all open xbox Nat to play games at the same time with the kiddie.

Offline Frobozz

• Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 68
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Mitch
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
I literally just installed DD-WRT on my router the other day. Fixed alot of issues that I was having. But then I found TOMATO. I installed that instead. I personally prefer it over DD-WRT.

The Tomato firmware is the best router firmware available.  It can do anything you want it to.  Plus you can boost the radio strength of the router allowing it to cover areas of the house that it previously didn't (of course don't raise it too much or it might shorten the lifetime of the device)

AIRWAVES

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
You can do that and alot more with DD-WRT. Alot more things then Tomato from what their web site says. Tomato seemed pretty basic from web site. I overclock and boost the wifi on mine with DD-wrt. I did not use tomato because the web site did say alot about it. Writing scripts and such like that. I really like DD but thats just me. For linksys it is the best to me. Gives alot of info and can do WDS and other things. May give it a try one of these days. But I just got my router set up the way I like it so I may just leave it. Nice to have the WDS and xboxs working. The support for DD seems alot better too.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution