Author Topic: Step Sons Attitude  (Read 3628 times)

Offline BigLuv

• All I want for Christmas are naughty hot lesbians who are obviously whores
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Step Sons Attitude
« on: December 10, 2007, 10:32:08 AM »
My step son Since school and being told he has to see his father. (after almost 2 years the court decided to allow him to see him.. He lives in someones apartment known for drug traffic he has no room just a couch and the courts are making him sleep there every other weekend he has no phone and no car and no anything.,) (sorry had to vent that out) but anyways Logan (the stepson) since that info has been whinning and will cry instantly over anything.  He used to be real sweet and shy now he is very outgoing and backtalks like a mo fo.. the kinda back talk we used to get backhanded for.  It stresses me out and i feel like I am very mean(ish) to him. I need some techniques to deal with this and maybe a way to re-calibrate my realationship with him i dont want him to hate me,, I do love him i guess i expect so much from him cause he is so smart and funny... he acts like he cant do anything and its stuff he used to do when he was 3, and he is 6 now... ? sio there is my point,question, remarks in a cluttered paragraph form.. ty and tty all later

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:35:10 AM by BigLuv »

Offline Scott H.

• C'mon Boys, we need #6!!!
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • And then there were 5
Re: Step Sons Attitude
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:18:44 PM »
Hey dude, I've got a 6 year old step-son, too, and he's doing the same thing. I think it's just a phase. I've found myself getting angry at him over little stuff, and my wife is helping me with that. Just make sure you talk to him, let him know that you love him, but don't let him get away with stuff. It's a hard line to follow, and it may take a year (or more), but be patient... it'll work out.

People who think they know it all really annoy those of us that do.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
BigLuv..   I'm so sorry that I just now see this post!

I do think it's a phase too.   That and going to school he probably sees how other kids are and acts like them..

Now don't get me wrong..  I feel the same way you do about his real dad..   Just like my ex-wife.  I don't know why the courts are the way they are, it sucks!  I guess the best thing to do is actually get pics of his dads living situation, get as much on him as you can.   You have to show the courts the way it is or get several witnesses, not your friends, but maybe his parents (if they really care about Logan).  It's a tough situation.   

But I was told this by DCS (Department of Childrens Services).  You don't have to send Logan to his dads if you feel that he won't be safe!..

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline BigLuv

• All I want for Christmas are naughty hot lesbians who are obviously whores
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »
Well let me say this Logan had his first supervised visit.  And neeedless to say he did excatly what i thought he brought Logan a picture of his cousin told him how much his cousin missed him and told him he bought him all kinds of stuff including a real 4 wheeler, and a dog.  The guy has no car, no housing, and no steady job.  Logan with-out being asked said , Crap out loud we were like what, then he quickly replied, " Im gonna get bit alot if all i have to sleep on, or in is a dog and a 4 wheeler!"  so he is taking it in strides but is very happy about seeing him cause of all the promises and what not...  :blackeye: I still find myself very irratable but im scared to make him hate me so I think for the time being im going to play big brother, support role and try to back of being his dad.  Ill focus on Dalan ( mine ) and Logan will see what a f'ing looser/ drug user he is..!!

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
Sounds like a good plan to me..    But you know Logan loves you.   I can tell by the way he listens to you..   And believe me, as he gets older, he will learn the truth about his father.. 

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

Offline Morpheus

• My 4 princesses
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:24:53 AM »
School is the biggest thing that I have found to be the influence to most childrens attitudes. As much as it sucks you can never stop your son or in my case daughter from bring friends with other children that do not share the same values, responsibilities, and respect that you have taight your own. I find that this problem also points to the teachers that allow the children to do whatever the kids want. This leads them to believe that they can pull the same thing at home because they have just spent the last 8 hours at school pretty much being there own boss. Point the fingers where you want but the school system needs to focus on responsibilities, proper respect, and not having a bad attitude.

pfhiggins72

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »
i'm going through this with my oldest (stepson) now,   he totally dont listen to me, and ignores his mother all the time,

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution