Author Topic: Any R/C Nuts here  (Read 4579 times)

Offline runthrubland

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Any R/C Nuts here
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »
Good job you've painted inside out before.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
I was just about to start a thread about R/C Boats. I've messed with R/C trucks before but boats are in down here.
I got my 1st R/C boat back in 2006. A ProBoat RTR that was modified. It ran good but then raced a few AQU Vegas boats. Out the box they run 36-38MPH. Not bad for a boat for under $300. I did a few local races and went race out of state a few times. Once to Florida and Kansas. Then in August 2007 I was asked to go race a Pro Race in Tenn. There were only a few that went and we wen't home with $$ and all kinds of raffle stuff that was basically given away. The next week I was called and asked if I wanted to drive gas boats for Williams RC Racing in the Pro Series. My answer was of course. You supply the boats and cover all expenses and all I have to do is drive. Definitely.
Well to say the least I have 10-12 races that I will be at this year and racing for money. Hopefully it will get bigger and better.
Now I got 3 gas boat I don't own and 1 nitro hydro RTR. It's going to be busy but fun at the same time. Hopefully some sponsors will come through and help out with the ravel and expenses.

I always wanted planes or helis but never got any.

Anyone race R/C boats?

Video of Gas Hydro. My boat is blue/white.
http://i5.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/cmiller250f/VooDoo/VooDoosporthydroHeat4.flv

A few pics of my boats:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:44:26 PM by vegaskiller73 »

DaProCOD

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
thats sweet, we have 1 huge lake and about 10 small lakes all around here but there doesn't seem to be much interest for boats...
I have a traxxas blast I got for free off a local yahoo group, needs a speed controller, wow I have had that boat for about a year now and I forgot all about it, oh well its way to cold here to go to the lake, another tinker project

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »
That looks like alot of fun. I might start looking into the boats a little more in the spring.

Offline echocoder

• Why am I always the only sniper on Vacant?
  • Big Daddy Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
Now you guys have me wanting some R/C gear lol.   I've been thinking of getting a R/C truck and building a outdoor track for it or a helicopter and outfitting it with a camera for aerial photos.

DaProCOD

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 09:22:49 PM »
no time like the present, I can name off some suggestions if you would like..lmk

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 08:29:46 AM »
I thought I would post some pics of the crawler I built using a walmart toy rc to start......

One on the right is how it started out......

Articulation shots.....

I totally redid the electronics to hobby grade, modified the body, beefed up the axles, put 2.2 moabs, etc.,etc., I sold it for a lot more than I had into it which is a good thing. That was a good way to get into crawling. As fun as the one above was it was still a toy. I would like to build a full out hobby grade crawler. Just don't have the money to get into it. This thread has made me want to start tinkering again though.......
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:36:49 AM by dadof2b0ys »

Offline pinmonkey001

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
Every year a local R/C airplane club takes a weekend and puts on a R/C airplane show.  there is a small fee to park, they sell food and drink.  You can talk to the people in the club they have raffels and stuff.  It's a good time to go, and always makes me want to get into the hobby.  I just don't have the cash.

Offline Pat

• Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 12
  • Hockey's back :)
  • Children?: 1
  • First Name?: Pat
  • Xbox Gamertag: ragingpdm
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
I've always wanted to get an airplane. My childhood friends father was a r/c plane freak. He had at least 100 of them. No cheap ones either. That's what got me wanting a plane ever since. You'd think he'd have given me one having so many...Nope, they were like kids to him. Oh well, one day I'll get one..Hopefully

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution