Author Topic: Unique bonding between SAHD and children  (Read 2074 times)

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
Unique bonding between SAHD and children
« on: July 13, 2006, 02:44:41 PM »
I guess it's bound to happen, when a child is so young they're likely to "favor" one parent over another.

In my case, I think it would have happened anyway just because of my daughter's personality, but she tends to favor me.  Much of this had been expected because I'm a SAHD so we spend a lot more time together.

Don't get me wrong here, my daughter loves her mother a whole bunch too, but she doesn't respond to her in the same ways.  My wife tends to let her get away with more (like giving treats or playing with things things not designed as toys), but she's still a Daddy's girl.  As she gets older, I'm sure she'll flip-flop more in her favortisms.

Fellow SAHD's~ Has your bonding been enriched because of your SAHD experience?
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Captain Tuttle

Re: Unique bonding between SAHD and children
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
I should know this but how old is your daughter?

ardenfr

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 12:18:30 AM »
MY youngest loves it! When I lost my job from getting hurt he was happy to have me home, since there aren't very many children around here for him to play with, I'm his play buddy. Then when I went back to work this last time he kept telling me to stay home, well now he's on cloud nine again 'cause his buddy's back!

Offline davidAZ

• Does anyone need a Devil's Advocate? Anyone? *tap tap tap* Hello! Is this thing on?
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
    • Associated Content Articles
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:31:59 AM »
I should know this but how old is your daughter?

My daughter's just turned 2 now.

MY youngest loves it! When I lost my job from getting hurt he was happy to have me home, since there aren't very many children around here for him to play with, I'm his play buddy. Then when I went back to work this last time he kept telling me to stay home, well now he's on cloud nine again 'cause his buddy's back!

I think that generally, dads make for better playmates.  We're always willing to get dirty along with them and allow for more rough and tumble from the kids.
PS3 Online ID: davidAZ
Games Playing Online: Madden 07, Resistance: Fall of Man, Fight Night Round 3

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution