Author Topic: Your CoD4 time  (Read 2873 times)

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
Your CoD4 time
« on: February 07, 2008, 01:12:30 PM »
I've seen some recent posts where some of you are experiencing CoD4 burnout, and I've got to say I'm a bit surprised.

I've only logged about 18 hrs. (according to the Barracks screen) and am a lowly 29 rank. I was spending so much time with the single player (thanks to the f**kin TV station level & Mile High Club  :banghead:). And family responsibilities eat into game time too.

Just curious. How much time have you guys wasted--I mean--played?

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
Re: Your CoD4 time
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »
I haven't checked my "Barracks' in a few days, but the last time I checked it had 1day4hours??min. so I would say about 29hours. That is actual playing time. Being online just for CoD4 has got to be into the weeks. I spend more time in Lobbies than playing it seems.

Friday nights are the most for me. I'd say somewhere in the 6 hour range. During the week I try to play 2 hours a day. Sometimes less. On the weekends, now that fball is over, I've been play 5-6 hours on Sat and Sun.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:20:43 PM by vegaskiller73 »

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »
Well, alot of us on here were in the Beta testing for the game so we all got to play the multiplayer for like 5 or 6 weeks before the game even came out. That can explain some of the COD4 burnout. I stuck with SP when the game came out until I got all of the achievements. I've only been playing COD4 one or two nights a week for about the 6 weeks, currently on 1st prestige, rank 43 or 44 (can't really remember). I think I have around 3 days into the game.

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
Most of my time is spent playing FFA Deathmatch and I'm getting better (especially since I started using the Killcam). I'm starting to consistently finish in the top 2-5 and ranking up just seems to go at a snails pace.

Are the teams games better for ranking up?

Sorry if this has already been discussed a million times. :sigh:

Like I said, I am curious about time spent and rank. And it sounds like you guys haven't spent that much more time than I have, but rank-wise, you guys are rockin' it. B)

Maybe I just suck.

Oh well, it's still a lot of fun.

CoachRoach

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
I like headquarters the best for ranking up.  Some think Search and destroy is better for points but i suck at S&D so it doesn't work for me.

I've got somewhere over 4 days logged.

dadof2b0ys

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 02:36:05 PM »
S&D works for guys like Joey that get alot of kills. You get like 50 points a kill. But if the other guy's on your team get most of the kills, you don't get alot of points for the amount of time it takes to play. I've had games where I got 500+ xp and I've had games where I got 100 xp or less.

Headquarters is great for points. Go for the HQ and you get bonus points, Destroy the HQ you get bonus points. I've played alot of Headquarters and you can rank up relatively quickly. I think the best I did points wise was close too or just over 850 xp with no challenges done. Plus in HQ, you can get Shipment, small map+tons of kills=lots of xp. 100+ kills on this map is not uncommon. I've seen guys hit over 130 kills on Shipment. 

I love Free for All. I don't play FFA for points and i'm usually finish in the top three when I play. I love going up against everyone else. If you can get your 25 kills in quickly, you can get a few rounds in in a short amount of time. I rarely been in a match that takes the entire time limit. FFA is fun but you don't usually earn a ton of points.

Also do the challenges, tons of xp there.

Anyway, hope that helps you out a little.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
If you like the concept of S & D but don't like it when you are killed and can't respawn, then it is best if you play Sabatoge. It haas good kill points and you get points for planting/disarming the bonb. The plus is if you get killed you can respawn unlimited. I think this is the best game to rank up on. Also with bombs being carried, if you kill the carrier, that is 250 XP and completes a challenge. If you kill a player while he is planting the bomb, that also takes care of a challenge and gives you XP.
Most of my ranking is not just based on kills. It is also challenges that I have completed and unlocking different guns and such.
I may have time to play this evening. send me a request to play and we'll get you rolling quick. By playing sabatoge, I was ranking up 2 times every 2 hours until I got to LVL 40 then the XP required to rank got to high to rank up fast.

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:57:28 PM »
S&D works for guys like Joey that get alot of kills.

No shit. :biggrin:

I played with him and a few [DaD]s last weekend and everyone was doing fairly well (a few guys in the 20's). At the end Joey's sitting at the top with 37 :whoa:

I'm doing OK on the challenges. I just opened the one that's geared towards teams  and Killer, so I've got a lot of work to do there.

I'll remember the HQ tip. Thanks.

But like you I love the FFA.

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 03:08:54 PM »
If you like the concept of S & D but don't like it when you are killed and can't respawn...

BINGO! Very frustrating.

I'll probably take you up on the offer to play tonight. I'll be on 6-8 EST. Look for a friend request. Thanks!

Vertigo

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
I look at S & D like playing GoW. After dying you go to the lobby and wait, perhaps talk some trash with the opposing team, and then play the next game. In actual fact S & D can perhaps improve your playing skills, force you to improve your weapon selections (silencer and UAv jammer, etc).

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
I have spent so much time on CoD4 I have dreams of killing people. Don't actually remember how much time I have played.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline joey791

• Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »
I have 10+ days

Offline Rich M

• If I set up a day to meet online, I'll be there three days later......maybe.
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
I obviously have my priorities a little backwards, I only have 13 hours on the barracks screen.  Damn, I've got to find a way to get out of work and spend more time playing!  :biggrin:
What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about??

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »
I have spent so much time on CoD4 I have dreams of killing people.

Funny you mention that. I'm a big LOST fan, and the other night I had a dream I was playing COD4 with some of the cast. Running around the jungle trying to put a cap in John Locke's ass.

I think I've got a problem.

I have 10+ days

No surprise there, Killer  :up:

Hopefully I'll see you guys on LIVE tonight.

Offline echocoder

• Why am I always the only sniper on Vacant?
  • Big Daddy Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »
I have somewhere between 6 to 8 days logged.   In retrospect, that is 6 to 8 days I will never get back, kinda depressing.  :|

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution