Author Topic: Your CoD4 time  (Read 2940 times)

Offline bradt32225

• Ask me about my hairy nipples
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
Re: Your CoD4 time
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 01:03:02 PM »
13days 23 hours is how much time I have played.

bradt32225" border="0

Offline HamHAnds

• Daddy Sr.
  • Listen here, funny pants.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »
I think I'm on 1d, 10h or so. Gotta get some time in this week before the influx of relatives visiting for weeks at a time starts.

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 06:12:54 AM »
5 days,but getting fed up with some of the a-holes that seem to be getting more frequent,so playing a bit of PGR 4 on single player to chill out with.

Offline BobChase

• Welcome my son. Welcome to the machine.
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels
    • 358 Fitness
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Bob
  • Xbox Gamertag: TheBigCieez
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
getting fed up with some of the a-holes that seem to be getting more frequent

You said it brother.

I'm usually pretty good at tuning them out, but last week this one douche was having a full-blown conversation on the phone while playing, and that really got on my nerves.

I do love the one's that bitch though. "Oh you should have died!" "Something's wrong with my controller!" "He's still camping!" :laughtat3:

Whatever. Less yappy more tappy.

orogogus

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 03:30:30 PM »
I look at S & D like playing GoW. After dying you go to the lobby and wait, perhaps talk some trash with the opposing team, and then play the next game. In actual fact S & D can perhaps improve your playing skills, force you to improve your weapon selections (silencer and UAv jammer, etc).

Yes, it's a totally different playstyle and lends to different tactics. Just like playing Hardcore- much slower game and more like playing RB6 (without cover, so I'd say I'd probably rather just play RB6 if that is what I wanted).

If you want to up your game skills, try playing with the G3 or M14 (single shot weapons). You will either get better or destroy your controller in frustration. =P

I'm still working on my first time through (rank 50 or 51 now I forget) and I have a little over 1day of play time. But I was gone for a month and beat bioshock on hardcore in between (still have Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect to play). I'd like to flip over again, but the last 10-15 levels are just tedious to slog through IMO. I don't know how guys like Joey can do it 10 times already!

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »
If you want to up your game skills, try playing with the G3 or M14 (single shot weapons). You will either get better or destroy your controller in frustration. =P

I totally agree. I DID start to get better when I began using the G3. My kill/death ratio is getting into the 2:1 area pretty consistently. But now I'm trying to do some of the sniper challenges and the ratio is more like 1:2. :sigh:

I'll be happy when I get to lvl 37 and I get my G36  :devil: That thing rocks!

orogogus

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 01:52:11 PM »

I totally agree. I DID start to get better when I began using the G3. My kill/death ratio is getting into the 2:1 area pretty consistently. But now I'm trying to do some of the sniper challenges and the ratio is more like 1:2. :sigh:

I'll be happy when I get to lvl 37 and I get my G36  :devil: That thing rocks!

My K/D ratio always dips when I start to use a new weapon I'm not good with to get the 150 kills 1000xp. I'm also an awful sniper.

I don't really care much for the g36 though, seems worse to me than the M4, but is too close in overall capability to bother to use it. I'd rather use the ak47 for power or m16 for longer distance burst kills. And of course you don't have to wait to unlock though! I look at the g36 and p90 as a decent way to get 1000xp and not have my K/D suck while I'm doing it. =)

I do wonder if I just use guns that I'm good at and wins more games and keep my score up if I'd be better off in terms of leveling than trying to get the unlock xp.

Offline BobChase

• Big Daddy Hero
    • 358 Fitness
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
I don't really care much for the g36 though, seems worse to me than the M4, but is too close in overall capability to bother to use it.

I happened to pick up a G36 in a game yesterday to replace my pistol and was amazed at how accurate I was. Granted it was a short distance to target but there was virtually no recoil. Once I get it though the novelty will probably wear off and I'll go back to my old reliable M16.

And I hear you on the sniper. Not only do I suck, but I manage to blow as well.

I think it's interesting how you have to develop a totally different playing style with those weapons. With the sniper I basically concede the defeat and just try to develop that style. It actually makes it less stressful when I play. I get killed and just laugh it off.

If I had my M16 I'd be dropping atomic-sized "F-bombs". :biggrin:

orogogus

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »
I don't really care much for the g36 though, seems worse to me than the M4, but is too close in overall capability to bother to use it.

I happened to pick up a G36 in a game yesterday to replace my pistol and was amazed at how accurate I was. Granted it was a short distance to target but there was virtually no recoil. Once I get it though the novelty will probably wear off and I'll go back to my old reliable M16.

And I hear you on the sniper. Not only do I suck, but I manage to blow as well.

I think it's interesting how you have to develop a totally different playing style with those weapons. With the sniper I basically concede the defeat and just try to develop that style. It actually makes it less stressful when I play. I get killed and just laugh it off.

If I had my M16 I'd be dropping atomic-sized "F-bombs". :biggrin:

The g36 has awful iron sights, which make it a no-go for silencers. Funny you think it has no recoil, but I find it higher and the rate of fire higher, which combine to make it less accurate at long range. Also weaker than the M4, but better for shorter ranges due to the higher ROF. Much like the p90 vs mp5 come to think of it.

DONNYBAKR

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 09:22:02 PM »
I know that I am over ten days.   

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution