Poll

Anyone now any good tricks to relieve back pain?

Any ancient secrets
2 (33.3%)
Better alcohol to drink that relieves pain.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 3647 times)

coltonlee99

Back Pain
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:24:29 PM »
 :hairpull:

I have had back pains on and off for years, but lately I have been dealing with it alot more than I want. All my old tricks from ice, to elevation, to pain meds, and to rest and nothing is helping. Is there anyone out here that might have any other tricks for relief. I have lost weight and been more careful how I lift and so far nothing. It is really putting a damper on my attitutde and what I am able to do. Some people act like I am making things up and I really wish I was. Sharp pains are shooting down my left leg and muscle cramps are causing me to look like I am having a seizure. Any help or advice would be awesome. Later all.

Offline Keith

• I have Civil War balls; they're blue and gray
  • Administrator
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 77
  • Need any help? PM me.
    • DaddyPlace.com
  • Children?: 4 -- Tyler, Tanner, Kaydence, and Kambria
  • First Name?: Keith
Re: Back Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:26:55 PM »
I have some back pain in the morning when I wake up..   I don't think it's anything my body does, just the way I sleep.     I stretch alittle bit in the morning and it's better..    I do know of one guy on here that has back pain.   I'm sure he will chime in when he gets on next..

Great Deals for dads on child products, check out Daddy's Deals
Looking for baby names?  Check out the Baby Name Wizard book
New Dad and have questions?  Check out Be Prepared - A Practical Handbook for New Dads.  Recommended by dads.

jlyon

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
i really don't know bud. when my back starts hurting i try to stretch it some and that helps for alittle bit. you know how those pain meds do me without beer, nothing. and, i can't afford to drink the good stuff, or that often either

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 0
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »
INVERSION FTW!!!!!

my wife is about to have back surgery where there going to fuse some of the lower vertaebrae's she has already had about 5 other surgeries to try and fix her back before going all out for the big surgery. the one thing that has really helped is the inversion table we bought. do a search on google for it but it's basically a table that you lie down on and strap your ankle's into and then it has a mechanism that allows you to slowly tilt yourself back till your upside down. you dont have to go all the way upside down and it's recomended that you start at just a slight tilt where you can feel your back stretching and to work into all the way back.

this has done wonders for my wife's back, you can get a good deal on them from Sams club or costco, even walmart has them, they go from about 70 bucks to whatever you want to spend, but ours was 149 from sams club and is perfect.

my wife has for the last couple of years been on phentnyle patches and percocet, and after using the table for about 5 to 10 mins 2 times a day she has stopped using the percocet and moved from 2 patches to 1. this thing has really helped. you should go find one somewhere, sporting goods stores usually have them set up, and try it out :up:

MnSlabCrappie10

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
colton have you tried getting an MRI of your back? Sounds like the same symptoms I had (down to detail) before I found out that I had a herniated disk.

Offline vegaskiller73

• Too good to be caught around Damian and Joey
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »
Have you consulted with a chiropractor? Usually the consultaion/first visit is free. I hear the Decompression Therapy works great.
I went for a while and seemed to help with my back pain at the time.
Just a thought.

MnSlabCrappie10

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
Well sometimes the chiropractor can make it much worse than it is. It happened to me and I regret it everyday now. It's been a long pain stacking year now and I'm finally getting a doctor to do surgery. Too bad the insurance company is being so slow. I'm filing a lawsuit on the insurance company for waiting 3 months to approve for the surgery. Stupid morons!

dadof3byz07

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
I just joined the other day,and was cruising the forums and spotted this.I'm a stay at home dad with thirteen herniated discs.I have been crippled up for several years,and I definatly know all about my back hurting!They can't do surgery on me,because I have a bad heart condition as well.Pain meds are the only thing that I can do.Bad part of that is,they will kill your liver.Chiropractors don't always do it either.

Offline z_randy

• hurricanes suck
  • Assistant Admin
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • Liked: 55
  • Don't Panic!
  • Children?: 2
  • First Name?: Randy
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
I have had back pain as well.  Mine is basically the nerves getting pinched.  So I need to be basically inline for it not to hurt.
I do this one before I get out of bed in the morning and even let my leg hang over the edge of the bed until I get a crack out of my back.  And then I'm good to go.  Haven't needed a chiropractor since or pain meds.
http://www.fitness.cornell.edu/Member-Education/Stretches/33

Every day, from here to there,funny things are everywhere

Offline spddrcr

• missing in action on xboxlive
  • Big Daddy Hero
  • just say no to the brady's
    • AKNewMedia
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 04:00:20 AM »
I actually just reinjured my back a week or so ago. it seems to be an old injury that lurks towards the right hand side of my back, when im sitting still it seems to be the worse and sleeping in my bed is out of the question as when i wake up it's worse then ever. Im going to start swimming laps and hope it helps losen me up.

Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »
Looks like back pain is more common than I thought. After a bad fall in Jujitsu last year my back has been in constant pain. It took me several visits to the doctor before he finally referred me for physio because I cant afford private sessions. The physiotherapist decided there is no spinal damage luckily and thinks it is all soft tissue damage around my lower back and intercostal muscles around my ribs. As a result she thinks my back muscles have shortened because I've been using different muscles to compensate for the aches. So I've started going to the gym and told a personal trainer exactly what my problem is, he's drawn up an exercise routine to try and strengthen the damaged and shortened muscles. The doctor has recommended I never go back to Jujitsu but I'm hoping I'm back by springtime.

As for the gym sessions every muscle in body now aches so I dont notice the back pain so much. Guess thats a good thing?

Offline Magoo

• I bought my keyboard from an online discount house. I guess it was cheap because it was missing the "H"
  • Big Daddy Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »
hey Bee i see you from my sceptred isle,no longer am i the only English guy,anyway i digress,years ago while working in demolition i screwed my back royally,tore all the lumber muscles at the bottom of my spine,took me a month to get back on my feet,and even now i still get back problems,back injuries are a bit like rib injuries,they never heal properly,that was about 11 years ago,btw Bee my XBL tag is D4RK H34RTxuk,so send me an invite,i take it from your tag you are of the Scottish persuasion?.

chat to you soon fella.

Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:11 AM »
hey Bee i see you from my sceptred isle,no longer am i the only English guy,anyway i digress,years ago while working in demolition i screwed my back royally,tore all the lumber muscles at the bottom of my spine,took me a month to get back on my feet,and even now i still get back problems,back injuries are a bit like rib injuries,they never heal properly,that was about 11 years ago,btw Bee my XBL tag is D4RK H34RTxuk,so send me an invite,i take it from your tag you are of the Scottish persuasion?.
Good job I checked this post before friend requesting Knightw1ing. I'm hoping to build up enough back muscle to take the strain off my injuries but I do feel like it will never get better at the moment. The gamertag is just a play on my surname, years ago I was at work with a fellow staff member trying to think of a username to play online and I suggested Burnsknight. (It was Burns Night at the time and I was joking it was my night etc.) He said it was the worst suggestion he'd ever heard so I decided I'd definitely use it. Sorry for going a bit off topic there.

Sitemap Multimedia Forum
Daddy's Deals DP Daily News Blogs
EBooks Donations Contact Us
Daddyplace Constitution